gallbladder attack 2 days ago.. sore?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had the worst gallbladder attack 2 nights ago that left me in pain.. It's been 2 days since this attack and I have just been either sore/tender in my upper abdomen/rightside since. Is this because of the attack or is something going on? I won't see my doctor til tuesday (yay new years, in pain!) 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear your suffering from gallstones. That pain takes the wind out of my sails for days. Not always the best time to get sick over the holidays. Had mine out and free from the pain. 
  • Posted

I'm post op but when still had the attacks before hand I was sore for a few days I ended up having to go to and a and e,

• Posted

I got to the stage I was getting attacks every few days so was in pain constantly. Wasn’t the best! Ended up at out of hours on a bank holiday but didn’t want to go see the surgeons on a Sunday night in a town 20 miles away. So managed to keep going for the next little while until I saw my own doctor. Ended up admitted about 2 weeks later though and did eventually get it out. By that point I was taking tramadol, co-codamol, ibuprofen, metacloperamide and buscopan but was still in pain and struggling to eat at all. 

Are you booked in for surgery yet? If you’re really bad call 111 and get seen at out of hours. Hope you’re feeling better soon xx

• Posted

well i couldn't take the pain anymore. went to my nearest ER and turned out my gallbladder is infected. 2 days ago when i initially had my ultrasound it wasn't. 2 days of pain was my bodys way of telling me to to back. scheduled emergency surgery in 1-2 hours. will keep everyone updated.

• Posted

It's been a week! I have my surgery and been recovering pretty good. I am still slowly trying to introduce different food/diet into my everyday meals. So far I am feeling a lot better and glad to have the surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.