Gallbladder attack symptoms types

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got confirmed by ultrasound scan I got multiple gallstones also by HIDA confirmed non working gallbladder. Today, I felt a constant dull ache and pulling pain in the gall bladder area and suddenly I felt bit warmer and sweat in armpits  and urge to urinate, is this a gallbladder attack or something else?I don't have a severe pain. Did any one came across this kind of symptoms with gallbladder or gallstones?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

This is one set of symptoms.  You don't need to be in debilitating pain.  But that can come later.  The other symptoms are nausea and vomiting.  Sometimes diarrhea. 

• Posted

Mine is more of a tiredness, tingling in legs and a sick feeling. I also have gastritis, for 2 weeks I was really struggling to eat as I was having no appetite and lot of reflux. But last 3 days I was able to eat and reflux was under control, but now right side rib area is dull ache with pulling feeling..also at one point I felt I'm going to pass out.

• Posted

Attacks for me were unbearable pain lasting anywhere between 3 and 12 hours.

However the dull ache, nausea and increased urination were constant.

I did sometimes feel hot but I still do so I'm thinking in my case that wasn't related. Symptoms seem to vary from person to person.

It's possible to have gallstones that cause no problems but if your gallbladder is not functioning that will cause problems I think.

Best Wishes

• Posted

I always feel like I'm sick, I generally get bloated and burping even with bland meals and I also have gastritis...but then after eating get pain at the gallbladder area. So very difficult even for my doctors to understand if gastritis or gallbladder, they also want to do gastric emptying studying for stomach...but I feel it more of my gallbladder...I'm puzzled as doctor say only removing my gallbladder I will come to know.

• Posted

Your doctor is saying that because the gallbladder affects more than itself. I've followed your posts and I think that you want to be sure that removal will take care of your symptoms.  

There are no guarantees in life.  So removing your gallbladder is a logical step. I don't want to upset you, but while you're waiting, your gallbladder can get much more diseased.  It can fuse to other organs, rupture (which will send caustic bile out into your body) or become cancerous.  It can also cause pancreatitis, which can be fatal.  Finally there is the risk of infection.  

I can understand why you're waiting.  But please consider surgery before something really bad happens.  xx 

• Posted

thank you Lynda . Yes, i want to make sure removal of gb will take care of my symptoms, but i also see there is no guarantee what will be the out come.

If i have only the non working gb with gallstones, i dont have hesitation to remove it.But i also was diagnosed with gastritis and barrets and more bloating,burping compared to the gallbladder pain.Nobody know if these are related or two different problems to deal with. There is also dizziness with no relation.So there are multi fold problems. but i do want to set a deadline this time instead of prologning,there are other personal reasons where i dont want to rush for surgery based on my current situation in US. I'm also evaluating  to have surgery in india or at USA. thanks for understanding.Many things are at stake based on surgery outcome.

• Posted

I totally agree with you. Before the gallbladder ruptures it becomes so rottenand infected that unfortunately you will develop gangrene which dumps into the abdominal cavity and into the intestines causing one hell of a mess.  Patients that want “be sure the surgery is going totake care of their problem” need to possibly have a few sessions of counseling prior to going forward. You normally see this in plastic surgery patients thinking the surgeryis the cure all for everything. The physicians i worked for 8 out of 10 timeswouldn't operate on patients felt this way. Biliarydyskines is wanting something that a reputable physician will guarantee what he is asking for. It has been 8months sincemy surgery and i still have to watch everything i eat. Five out of seven days a week i still have diarrhea, and stomach cramping and every day gas, usually horrible. There is a possibility none of this will go completely away, but thats life. My weight goes between 115 & 120 lbs but at least i have stopped losing. 

I hope biliarrydyskines will talk to about his concerns and expectations 

• Posted

Hi Wanda,

When a gallbladder ruptures, it also spills bile.  There have been comments made by one person on this site who had that happen.  As I recall, I may not be correct, it resulted in multiple surgeries--and that person still isn't "right."

I had surgery a little over 5 weeks ago to remove a tumor from the muscle in my left lower abdomen. It's gone.  Pathology is good.  But in order to have enough muscle and tissue to close, he had to take drastic measures.  My navel is now nearly 2" left of  center and bent to the side.  He says it will take me up to 8 months to heal.  But the upside is that he didn't have to use a big patch of surgical mesh.  

When I got a good look at it--well it was a shock, but it worked!  As you said, that's life. Cholestyramine might help with the diarrhea.  Best off luck to you! xx

• Posted

Sorry you had to go through something else. The most important thing is that it was benign and you are alright. There goes your belly dancing career. LOL

When I had a CAT scan after my gallbladder surgery, they found out I had spinal stenosis at L4 & L5 and 2 disk that are an issue. I have had 3 injections over a 6 week period into my spinal column. It takes about 15 minutes. The Dr ask if I thought I would be able not to move and tolerate the discomfort or did I think I would need sedation.  That was a no brained. Knowing he was putting a needle through the spaces between my disk and into my spinal column that was bent and pressing on my spinal cord, I knew there was no way I could be still, not throw up and jump off the table. Needless to say I chose sedation. Now I have to go next Monday for the first of 3 nerve injections on both sides of spine somewhere below L4/5 and if they work and I get relief then he will go back in and ablate all the nerves he injected. Nothing usually bothers me Health or surgical wise EXCEPT for doing something with my spine, spinal column or spinal cord. There is no pain after any of the procedures, it’s just the thought of it. Please keep me in your prayers 🙏.  When you see your surgeon again, ask him if or when you can gently massage your tummy with Vitamin E to help soften up your incision and skin and it should help to relocate your bellybutton (then your dancing career can start over)😂

• Posted

Wanda, Thank you for your kind words.  I can certainly identify with what you're going through!  What a journey!  Yes, you're in my prayers.  

On Monday, I go see a radiation oncologist.  The tumor was cancerous,  I've known about it for months, but there was no evident cancer in the surrounding tissue.  Already had 6 months of chemo. Having radiation is part of the treatment plan.

Best of luck to you! xx

• Posted

Lynda, i am so sorry to hear it was malignant. But its out and they got it all and you sound so positive about it. You must have a wonderful support team. You are in the US, right?  If you are more comfortable discussing things please feel free to email me at

I hope the chemo wasn’t to hard on you. The radiation is not usually as bad. I’m just so thankful for you that they were able to get all of the tumor.

Keep your positive attitude and know that I will be praying for you daily. 

Wanda 

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.