Gallbladder Cyst found don't know what to ask or think?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there,

I'm just bouncing from forum to forum at the moment,

I went today for a ultrascan of my stomach, pelvis and Ovaries as I had a ovarian Cyst.

That's all gone, however a small polyp was found coming out of the wall of gallbladder. I do understand that Gallbladder cancer is so rare, but I never even thought to think at my age I'd have a polyp.

So my question is to anyone that has had a polyp, what questions do I need to be asking my GP when they see me next week?

Do I have the right to ask them to monitor it for size changes?

Also is my diet to blame for it? Do I need to cut fat out of my diet?

Thanks for reading X

Zara

27 years old

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's very rare to get cancer the bladder You can get in.the bile duct but really really rare Don't think polyps anything to do with diet you can get them anywhere I get cysts just appear it's genetic. My son.gets and my dad my grandmothers sister was same. They may want to remove if blocking bile duct or remove your gallbladder You can.get in womb colon.anywhere they like to remove it's nothing major Sometimes they do incase they become cancerous as a precaution Good luck I was a x nursing assistant I just find it amazing patients don't ask questions or know parts their body's Best to right down.questions your problem and take in appointment and ask.!! Otherwise you will come out and think oh I forgot to ask that Take care,
    • Posted

Thank you so much, I'm going to ask questions as I lost my dad to Bladder Cancer.

I will write a list of my worries, I guess I feel like I'm being a pain to doctors that I'm just being over the top. I have a massive fear of cancer my grandad died, then my dad now my brother has cancer so I'm just concerned everytime a cyst is found!

I asked today if I could get some therapy/help to get through these thoughts.

Kind regards X

• Posted

I have ten deep seated cysts my rent breast they are small and I had to have a ultra sound instead of mammogram. Cysts are just fatty tissue with mainly fluid they very rarely get infected They asked if I wanted them drained, I said no because not causing me any trouble. I thing polyps on outside your bladder different than.inside If your not in pain I should take advise from your surgeon. If your concerned and want your gallbladder removed say because worry polypse. Maybe they can.remove without you loosing your gallbladder I'm not saying this is possible Reason your Gallbladder is behind your ribs It's easier. to remove your gallbladder keyhole than other. Make it clear about your family's history medically and you would be worrying be stressed all the time if not removed You can live without your gallbladder same as appendixes. Please stop worrying your being a nuisance. your the patient and ask questions. Your body your life. Go in there with all the things you need to ask and WRITE IT DOWN. Good luck,
  • Posted

Good luck.

All I can say is make sure you take someone with you as well as a list of questions, at least if someone else is with you they may ask things you hadn't thought of and they will also pick up on parts of the conversation you may miss as they do tend to tell us things so quickly.

Hope all goes well xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.