Gallbladder DONE ! But have stiff neck :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

SO had GB out yesterday. Was a wreck with anxety but Dr's and nurses where very good. They gave me Versed , helped a little but didnt last long. My anxiety kept pushing the limits. They also pushed me further down on the scedule 3 times total, so that did not help. Spent all morning terrified of this thing.Last time I Had sugery when I was 11 (im 43) and although i dont recall the proceedure, I recall a lot.. including dreams. Anestesiologist said I remembered to much and I wouldnt remember this time.. But I still do.  I will say it wasnt as bad as I expected. They gave me a ittle coctail as they wheeled me to OR and once I got on the table they had me breath 10 deep breaths thru a mask. I took 8 and he took it away and said that was 10. I argued that it wasnt. I recall him putting it back on me, next I knew I was waking up and it was done. It was like a black out. This is next day and I'm sore but going without pain pills. They make me itch really bad and make me very gittery. Got no sleep last night because of the pills. Pain is bareable , but been told I have a high pain tolerence. CAUGHING or YAWNING HURTS! Did notice urine stream is a bit slow, Almost as if bladder wont empty unless its pretty full.. even then it trys and cuts off. Called DR and they said it was cause anestesia messes with your body and drink more fluids to keep bladde active, that way it doesnt get "lazy" and require me to get a catheretor. Been chugging juice since ! Only concern I have is a stiff neck and head ache at base of neck. I had MONO in July and had enseprholitis with it and it started with stiff neck and head ache..  Although it was worse then this.. Just dont wanna go thru that again. NOR DO I WANT TO GO TO ER. The ER here is known for being SLOW, and rude for that matter. anyone else have the stiff neck and such?? 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Congrats on being done smile I really hope you aren't getting sick again. The anesthesiologist I had asked me to tilt my head back with my chin up (to accommodate a breathing tube after I was asleep). I wonder if maybe that's what's going on with you. It is an uncomfortable position to be in sad Can you call the doctor's office and ask them about your neck ?

Do keep drinking, it does help eventually (I'm 3 weeks post-op). You do rather need to retrain the bladder a tad~ I find I still have to hurry to the bathroom if I change positions *sigh*  Best wishes to you !

• Posted

We will see . I am hoping its just from the CO2 gas. My shoulders didn’t hurt before but they are starting to now. Almost feals like an attack but it cant be. Wife said Dr said no stones in Bile duct so I’m thinking gass..  Shoulders muscles are sore.. I can “dig” into the muscle and make it hurt more. Cant lie on stomach or Id have wife  e try and work it out.  Been sitting up a lot too.. Not taking the pain meds because makes me jittery and Itchy.. Didn’t sleep last night because of pain meds. Keep telling myself its only day 1 post surgery so pain to be expected..Tried calling DR but they never got back to me, Guesss they got their money,,,,
  • Posted

So I didn't have a stiff neck but as far as the coughing and yawning I kept a small couch pillow with me and pressed it against my stomach if I had to cough, sneeze, even get up by myself. It helps a lot!!! And for the gas, they say walk but I was in so much pain! Night 2 I didn't sleep from the CO2 gas so I laid in bed for hours and slightly tilted (very slowly) side to side and lifted my knees to my chest. It helped me! Good luck with your recovery!

• Posted

Yes, a small pillow to hug does help support when changing position or coughing ! I know the gas does take time to work itself out. I've heard some say it helps to use a rocking chair for that. Hope you are feeling better smile

• Posted

Almost sure stiff neck is combo of gass and how I’m forced to lay.. only way I can sleep is pillow tucked into my stomic and kinda half on back . half on side.. Gass is slowly coming out. Shoulders are more sore today (day 2)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.