Gallbladder ejection fraction of 86%

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve been home sick since end of April. I haven’t been able to eat solid food since the pain is unbearable and no pain medicine would help. I’ve been to several hospitals and they just treated it as if it was just “that time of month”. It’s been four months, and I’ve lost over 40 pounds. I’ve seen the GI several times. She first had me get a colonoscopy done. She found nothing so just said i have IBS. I told her I wanted more done because I could just feel it in my gut it’s something else. She then had me get an endoscopy. Found out I have gastritis and H. Pylori. Found this out last week and have been on antibiotics since. I asked to change GI because she was terrible. My new GI doctor had me do another Hida Scan yesterday. My gallbladder ejection fraction is 86%, I’m not sure if that’s normal or not. My next appointment isn’t until October. I still can’t eat, nauseous, diarrhea, fever. Help please! Anyone else with this problem? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I don't know if it will work for you but for my gallbladder pain, acupuncture made it manageable.

• Posted

Thanks so much, I’ll definitely give that a try. I’m desperate right now. Can’t even drink broth with seasoning because of how bad the pain is. 
    • Posted

I was having so many GI problems and allargies that I could only eat oatmeal, rice, beans, and fish without getting some sort of reaction. But I had gallstones
    • Posted

When i was able to eat i only at gluten free. I would always cook at home, fresh vegetable, etc. I just don’t know what it is and i don’t know if removing my gallbladder out would be an option. I just have a feeling my GI won’t agree to it and he'll just say it’s normal. How are you feeling now?

• Posted

I couldn't tell you one way or the other on your gallbladder or if my surgery helped. I just started reintroducing foods into my diet, so fare nothing that seems to be GI related has come up...but I have only tried steak, and shrimp. As I type this I am at the dr because of an alergic reaction to the shrimp, it wasn't a problem before..

• Posted

HiLeanne, my heart goes out to you, you have really been through the mill. Thankfully you got another medical opinion and sounds like you have a good consultant now. You need answers to your concerns which you have highlighted on this message. In reaction to the Gallbladder ejection fraction, at 86% when the hospital completed your scan you need to seek advice from doctor to what that means in terms of your health. 

I really empathise with you I spent just a year Not well had my operation to remove my Gallbladder on the 23 rd of July this year. I’m still recovering five weeks in now.  Getting back to yourself I found the best way to get the medical attention I needed was to ring paramedics out to my home and they took me into hospital when the pain was really bad. They also were able to ring my Doctor to prescribe stronger pain medication for me. I found asking lots of questions and making the doctors and hospital aware of how unwell I was and my symptoms this helped me a lot. My doctor wrote to the consultant at the hospital who then booked a scan and Endoscopy. I also found that requested blood test to check the bile content with the Gallbladder helped and I did a lot of research on line of symptoms to be aware of. I truly hope you get the medical assistance you need and this is resolved quickly for you. I lost of 4 stones in weight since I first got unwell I live on small meals now and slowly recovering. Kind regards Joanne 

• Posted

Hi Joanne, I hope you have a fast recovery! How are you feeling now? Any pain? Do you also know what your gallbladder ejection fraction was? Unfortunately I did have the paramedics come because i was in the bathroom, got up and collapsed. They just told me I was dehydrated.. I mean no kidding, I haven’t been able to eat. I just wish doctors were more caring even when people don’t necessarily look “ill”. 
    • Posted

Hi Leann, I totally agree with you, it can feel very difficult when your ill and some nursing professionals just don’t have a great bedside manner as they say! I was shocked to hear that you collapsed when I read that! You certainly sound like you have been through a rough time. 

For myself im still recovering, I’m the worst patient going hate not being brought to a stand still. It just over five weeks for me since the operation. I get the occasional day I feel sickly and when I eat it can make me feel like that. But not all the time. 

I’m trying to remain positive and keep a note of what foods seem to make me feel this way. I’m sure I will get better each week. My heart goes out to you, and the amount of people on this chat site going through so much. I really hope things improve for you and you get some positive help and start to feel better. Joanne 👍

• Posted

Hi Leann70638, I can confirm that attacks do make you feel as if you have allergies because I too could not eat Prawns/Shrimp but also Dairy but only when the attack was bad, once it abates you can start eating small amounts but it is risky and which is what makes the Gall Bladder torture.  Crisps and Chocolate were both intermittent one day they would affect me then they wouldn't so it made things impossible to gauge. 

I sincerely hope now you had the HIDA scan that they are able to work out your issues, good luck and bless you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.