GALLBLADDER/GALLSTONES

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys,

I’m Ashley andbim 35 I have some post on her previous as I e been sick for 8 long months now. It all started with vitamin D deficiency and I still didn’t feel better and I took magnesium and it helped but now I ended up in ER a few days ago and I have gallstones. Is there a link between the two? I also am dizzy today and get heart palpitations. Now I’ve lost weight fast since this started 2-3 weeks ago because I get nauseous when I eat and I changed my diet from junk to only fresh organic fruits veggies and lean meats and only water to drink and celery juice.  Anyway any advice? I found a few things online saying that the dizziness can be from the gallbladder and hat even heart palpitations because of the Vegas nerve. So anyway I thought about trying to heal this the natural way but I really don’t think I can keep going on with these symptoms. So please any advice thoughts let me know. Also do you think there is a connection between me having vitamin deficiency and the gallbladder issues. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Nice to see your post. Bcoz I'm interested if any one has similar symptoms.im 37 male normal bmi, i got gastritis intially and then later diagnosed with non working gallbladder and then formed gallstones. This is in the span of 10 years.My main symptom is the dizziness and the dizziness will be more when my stomach get bloated and when I get lot of burps.so bloated stomach basically pulls the vagus nerve and causes the dizziness, this is what told by my friend who is cardiologist. I also diagnosed with gastritis, so not sure gastritis or gallbladder is causing the problem, so only removing my gallbladder I will come to know if it's gallbladder or something else.there are episodes where dizziness got reduced but those are days where I completely avoided junk food and ate with no oil, but I lost 10 lbs. I'm at a point now where I feel natural treatment no more helps and seems surgery is the only option at this point.

1) can you explain more on how your dizziness feels?

2) did you check your B12 vitamin levels?

3)do you have bloating and burping?

4) what other symptoms do you have?

• Posted

My dizziness isn’t a falldown kind it’s hard to explain. I do have bloating and burping. And my b12 was checked and was good 712 I believe. So I have no issues there. I read online that heart palpitations and dizziness can be caused by that nerve, but when I asked the surgeon he’s like no it won’t cause dizziness. But I’ve seen so many say it will. Although I’ve lost 25 lbs so maybe it’s that.  Too. I just woke up I but the tip of my tongue in my sleep and I felt ok by then my stomach started hurting and I’ve been dealing with constipation so I’m gonna try to get that under control too and hopefully after the gallbladder is out I’ll feel better. Ty for responding. I see surgeon in the morning and I believe they are doing surgery Monday but I’ll know for sure tomorrow after I see them. 
    • Posted

Sorry I forgot the symptoms. I have pain in my upper back I get pains in my chest I am constipated but I believe the pain meds are causing that. I have pretty bad pains on right side and left sometimes the right side hurts worse when I breathe in. Right now the left side of belly up too hurts more. I am taking medium right now because before I knew my gallbladder caused any of this I started out of no where with gerd or reflux so the nexium has finally started helping that. I anxiety from being sick. I get nauseous when I eat also. And I am getting this buzzing in my foot but I think maybe it’s a vitamin deficiency.  Not sure. Or anxiety. 
    • Posted

Even when i met my surgeon, he said gallbladder is  not the cause for dizziness. My GP says, only after removing the gallbladder, we will come to know if it is gallbladder causing the dizziness or not. so its kind of gambling taking out the gallbladder. Did you do endoscopy to rule out gastritis or Ulcer. For me its very difficult to differentiate which is causing the symptoms as i have gastritis and gallbladder not working with stones.

Do you remember when your first dizziness episode started ? for me it started after i got a  sever pain on the gallbladder area.

• Posted

No the only test I had for gallbladder was a ultrasound and CTSCAN. And I had dizziness a while back but t went away. It just started again for my the last few days because as each day passes my symptoms get worse. So I do think that and headaches are the gallbladder. I’ll email you something I found online. Also I thought it was low magnesium because it can cause reflux but I learned I had stones. You risk getting sick with it not functioning so I would take it out but that’s just my opinion. They also tell me why won’t cause dizziness or heart palpitations but it can because of the Vegas nerve. 
    • Posted

Hello! Sad to be back here, not that your company isn’t wonderful friends, but I’m bummed to be sick still. Had HIDA, CT and ultrasounds, plus bloods, 97% ejection fraction when this all started months ago. It eased up with eating just rice and skinless chicken and fish, the pain was still there but mild; I thought I was safe. Had colonoscopy and endoscopy scheduled but I fainted from the prep and had to reschedule which was devastating after doing all that prep. 

Anyway; first episode for me was pain upper right side and some upper left side, some back pain too, bloating and mild constipation. Vertigo the following day that didn’t go away for several days, then came back for a couple more days. Room spinning when I was holding still, just terrible. 

I feel for you with the vertigo it is horrific and meclazine doesn’t help me. 

• Posted

Hi Ashley, I can relate!  I've read that many people have neasea & aren't sure if it's gallstones?!  I had vitamin B deficiency before I got sick then now that is better but I have vitamin D deficiency?!  I find some people have their gallbladder out & are better but some aren't after?!  I guess it depends on the gallbladder & if it's diseased or not functioning properly?!  I have a large gallstone & neasea weekly with bloating, gas & lost 45 pounds.  I've been sick for almost 2 years.  They haven't done a HIDA scan which I want because here in Canada they say their not reliable?!  My MRI & ultrasound show my gallbladder to be healthy except there's a 2.5cm gallstone?!  They also tested me for gastropresis & say my stomach is slow by 2% but that's not much for me being so sick?!  I've heard gastropresis can be linked to the gallbladder?!  You don't know what to do as I don't have pain attacks which is what they want to take it out.   I changed my diet too but it hasn't made a huge difference.  I get dizziness but not a lot.  As other posts say you really won't know until you have your gallbladder out as I'm at that point too!!!  If I do I will post after as many don't as they are probably better & enjoying food & life again!!  You only search constantly when your looking for help!!!! Lol.  Good luck 

• Posted

Thank you so much for responding. I am scheduled for surgery this Monday. I hope this helps. I’ve spent so much time and money atrying to figure out what’s wrong I just wanna be better. I will update after my surgery for sure. 
    • Posted

I'm supposed to see the surgeon next week about removing my gallbladder.   I don't have stones, but my gastro says he saw sludge when he did an endoscopic ultrasound a couple of weeks ago.   Anybody heard of having it removed just for sludge? Also, anybody hear of finding sludge by an EUS?  My HIDA scan showed normal functioning in Oct.  I just don't want to have it removed if it isn't necessary.  I had an acute pancreatitis attack last July, and I guess he thinks this was the cause.  I'd greatly appreciate any input. 

• Posted

Hi!  I thought I'd give an opinion as I've seen 2 gastroenterologists, 2 surgeons & a few doctors about gallbladders!  I read sludge can come & go.  I had it apparently but not when I had a MRI?!  If it's functioning and you don't have stones I wouldn't remove it because of sludge!  Get another opinion but if your living well I would keep it!!!  I don't have the classic systems but a large gallstone but they still aren't sure if my sickness is from it!?  Just thought I'd mention my experiences over the last 2 years.  If you had high levels in blood work in pancreas or liver that may be a sign as I've read & been told this.  Maybe get a second opinion to!  Good luck 

• Posted

Dizziness is a bad one for me. I started with all the classic gallbladder symptoms 20 months ago and now had the dizziness for nearly a year 24/7 and it was off and on for many months before this.

The gastro that i saw nearly a year ago and have only seen once since all this started ( that's how sh#t the UK is) point blank refused that dizziness has anything to do with gallbladder problems even though i read many, many stories of people having this symptom.

My  GP  referred me to a neurologist for the dizziness after fobbing me off for months and i waited for 7 months.

My Sister has just spent a week in hospital on IV antibiotics with a kidney stone that caused a major infection. It needs surgery and as soon as the infection was under control they sen't her home, she now has to wait 6 months for surgery with a ticking time bomb large kidney stone.

Good luck with your surgery and never move to the UK👍

• Posted

Oh no I’m so sorry for you and your sister. I agree dizziness is a part of it I found a list of symptoms online and t includes dizziness although the surgeon said it is not a symptom. But I can say I did become deficient in vitamin d and magnesium even tho my magnesium level was considered normal it was still not optimal. And it helped me until I got gallstones and then dizziness came back. I completely changed my diet and started medium as it helps with the reflux symptoms and that but I hope once it’s out I feel better. I will keep you all updated. Idk how you and the other gentleman on here have delt with this for so long   You are a lot stronger than I am. I’ve been sick since October. And spent over $10,000 I stopped keeping track there and still had no answers. I went to the ER many many times. I went in Saturday and was told I had reflux and when I went on Monday they did an ultrasound and checked and see I had gallstones. So it all depends on the dr you see if they give you the time of day. I had to take a leave of absence from work and my family started a go fund me page to raise mo yea for treatment it’s got that bad. So my advice to you is get it taken care of and change ur diet. It is a lifestyle change and requires a lot of will power but if I can do it anyone can. Don’t let it go to where your like me. Had I know I would’ve fixed it months ago. I had sinus surgery and dental surgery and still drs said you just have a vitamin d deficiency. I suspect my gallbladder wasn’t functioning properly then. I will keep you updated and I wish you and your sister the best! Maybe look for a new dr?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.