Gallbladder gone

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had my gall bladder removed 10 days ago, stayed overnight and went home.  Constipation was a main factor, have been taking Lactolose regularly because of pain management bu hospital wouldn't let me have any saying not prescribed even though on pre-op saw my prescription.  Boy did I suffer ended up going to chemists and asking them, I was sold Senna liquid which would work along side Lactolose.  I can seriously say within 2 hours I was very much better.

all I need know is the pain in my lowest right side to fade completely, get my appetite back and will be back to my old self, fingers crossed.   

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joy, 

Hope you continue to heal without any further complications!  Best of luck to you! xx

• Posted

Thank you, and so do I, waited long enough for the op.
    • Posted

Consultant said in August 3 months waiting list calculated it would be November, came and went, spoke to his secretary who told me he wasn't around and there were no lists. Phoned again new year - nothing.  Then in February consultant was being given an extra list for early March, was ready and this was cancelled 12 hours before i was due to go in.  Then I was given a date of 24th March and it went ahead by a different consultant.  So it was not quite 9  months.  Apparently the waiting list is 6 months in most health areas.

I was on pain killers from July after having a very bad attack and that was I was diagnosed and advised had a 2cm gallstone which is classed as large.

• Posted

It's terrible to have such long waits.  I know someone who waited almost 2 years.  In the end, she went to a different hospital.  

Hopefully, you're on the mend! xx

• Posted

Thanks, yes everyday a little better.  Just didn't realise how bad I was health wise.

you take care, perhaps we will take again xx

• Posted

Hi joy, I'm now on antibiotics so hopefully I will be on the mend to fingers crossed for us both x

• Posted

have you had yours removed?  It's a very common female complaint, my only concern was I didn't want the open op but apparently it's quite rare for it to be done now.  

Just keep taking the pills and go to docs if not we'll.

• Posted

Yes I had mine out 8th of march keyhole surgery . And had bileduct opened adhesions removed & duct sewn bk up . I have been struggling with pain on moving . Went bk gp today given antibiotics & told to rest & give it a few more days . Should b much better then . Have you had yours out joy ? X

• Posted

Yes 24th March by keyhole, just on some pain killers, have a few stitches sticking out.  My best thing for me, hardly ever fart now, used to be terrible everytime I moved.

i haven't been told if there are or were any problems just gall bladder was very squidgy and hard to remove.  

Just rest but that is easier said than done, just listen to your body.

• Posted

Thanx joy I will . Same to you to hope you heal fast x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.