Gallbladder help needed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I went into hospital on boxing day was asked to go back next day, I am having blood tests done on Friday 5/01 and a ercp thing on 09/01 at the moment I am having trouble keeping anything down,liquid and food wise - yet they don't seem concerned, does.anyone have advice? I was told light foods little and often but nothing is working and I don't know how long I can go.on not eating. I've tried complan but it's like it gets lodged

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Sorry i don't haveany suggestions... I'm pretty much in the same way.... boiled potato plain no butter no nothing.... chicken also plain no skin no spice... green beans... carrots that's my food.... waiting on hida scan ! 

• Posted

Get your gallbladder out. You will be in a better healthier world. I did I'm so happy to eat again. Please don't suffer anymore. You and Rosemary both need this surgery.

• Posted

Hi they suspect a blockage in the bile duct which is the reason for the camera thing down me, I'm hoping they take the gallbladder out I've been in and out of pain since March and it's getting to the point I can't take much more

• Posted

Ok that's right. ERCP is a procedure to remove lodged stonesbin bile ducts. I want to warn you . In 95 percent of these surgeries the patient will have pancreatitis. Because bile backs up into pancreas. But you will be fine. Good Luck to you.

• Posted

Well pancreatitis can't be good.. doesn't sound hopeful... 

• Posted

Hi . That is the norm. The pancreatitis is not a permanent outcome. Over a few months you will heal and you will be a new person. The Dr explained it all. Keep your head up for a healthier life.
  • Posted

sorry to hear of your discomfort,i was in agony,couldnt even walk,i had the ultra sound scan that picked up a large stone trapped in  the duct, even tho ive always eaten healthy foods, they said my gb was in a bad state,hence gb out by key hole surgery, sent home next day, if you have gb out you must take it easy,no lifting etc,    hope all goes well for you, if gb not right, have it out, it only gets worse, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.