Gallbladder hidascan update:

Posted , 5 users are following.

had my hida done this morning and already got a call from my gp with the results of 11% full of sludge.finally an answer to why I was feeling so bad!

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

im glad you finally have an answer! it stinks though that your GB is causing it and you had to suffer before finding out. Have they told you what the next step is?

i had my doctors appointment. i had to have bloodwork done that they didnt do at the ER. plus i have to have a MRI done. she said they will probably call me by the end of the week to schedule. she looked at the ultrasound and she said it looks like my duct is dialated so i could still have a stone stuck or sludge. this is the same ultrasound the ER doctors looked at and they didnt catch it. That was frustrating! i should have the lab results back in a few days and i go back to the GI doc next month. She also put me on Carafate. So i guess a step in the right direction. hopefully the Carafate can provide relief.

Im glad you are finally getting answers and i pray that everything starts looking up for you.

• Posted

I see my gastro.tomorrow.im sure ill have to get blood work done what was your fraction number.is really like before end of year.

• Posted

awesome Vivian. now you are on your journey to getting well. so happy for you. GOOD LUCK to you. God Bless. I will be following you. bye

• Posted

had my gb out so relieved no more pain . hope your on a dx to get well soon. sending healing angels your way!

• Posted

Vivian, that's great news. You're so lucky, everybody worldwide thinks the NHS is a gold standard service., but it's far, far frim it.

Glad you've got your HIDA results and quickly too and seeing a gastro within days. I waited 6 weeks for my CT scan results, 6 weeks for my MRCP scan results and even weeks for my ultrasound results.

I'm having a HIDA on the 27th. Can i ask how long yours took pls? Also i remember you were anxious, did you take a benzo? I will be taking some diazepam.

• Posted

for me it took an hour and a half.yes I took a klonopin a few hours before the test.its uncomfortable just laying there not being able to move.are u in the U.S? that seems like such a long time to get results.they got my results out to the Drs.the same day.if it's abnormal readings this imaging place contacts the Drs.the same day.hang in there.

• Posted

No, i'm in the UK and it's taken 2 years to get this far.

Thanks for the info๐Ÿ‘ I will take a good dose of valium/diazepam.

• Posted

boy,they sure take their time there.I went to my gastro.today he already had the paperwork to give t o the surgeon who ill be seeing the 27th.then the pre-op stuff will start and should have it out in december.the Dr said my shoulder and chest pains are from the gb,gas getting up there.for such a small organ it can give you a long list of problems!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.