Gallbladder imbedded in liver?

Posted , 8 users are following.

All of my tests were clear, but due to symptoms went ahead with the cholecystectomy. It was yesterday, surgeon said my gallbladder was quite inflammed and completely embedded in my liver. I've been googling, but anybody have experience with the imbeddedness?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Jenelle,

Sometimes a diseased organ does fuse itself to an adjacent one. Some patients on this site have had the experience of their gallbladder fusing to their livers.  But the good news is that your doctor was able to remove your gallbladder.  The liver is the one organ that can regenerate itself!  That's good news!  

Best of luck to you!

• Posted

Hi I had my gallbladder removed 20/12/16 my op took 2hrs because the gall bladder was extremely bad and difficult to remove. I had really bad anxiety and panic attacks before it was removed. I'm currently on week 3 of recovery. Doctor said I would take longer to recover because I was poorly before op. I am suffering with joint pain in arms and hands at present and believe this is related to my gallbladder being removed and my liver being slightly damaged in the process. Goodluck with your recovery x

• Posted

Hi I had my gallbladder removed 20/12/16 my op took 2hrs because the gall bladder was extremely bad and difficult to remove. I had really bad anxiety and panic attacks before it was removed. I'm currently on week 3 of recovery. Doctor said I would take longer to recover because I was poorly before op. I am suffering with joint pain in arms and hands at present and believe this is related to my gallbladder being removed and my liver being slightly damaged in the process. Goodluck with your recovery x

• Posted

Wow clear on scans even hida?
    • Posted

My scan showed gallbladder full of stones but thin walled Nov 2016 and by December it was bad!
  • Posted

Wow! What were your symptoms?!
    • Posted

Pain in the abdomen, under the ribs, shooting/wrapping around to my back and shoulders, constant nausea/vomiting
  • Posted

Hello,

I was born with my gallbladder completely embedded in my liver. For many years, doctors could not figure out why I was in excruciating pain. After many tests, a simple ultrasound found the problem. I went in for my fourth open surgery to have a procedure called a Choledochoduodenostomy. I now have reactive RA, and I have to take stomach medicine daily for the rest of my life. This is a horrendous medical problem. One that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

• Posted

Around that same time, (jan ‘17), i too was experiencing severe pain in my upper back shoulder area and went to Urgent Care and they treated me for Walking Pneumonia. It came back with a vengence in Februray. I went to the ER and was admitted. After several days of tests (i have several other health. Issues), it was decided that i had gallstones. When my sugeon went in thats when he found my gallbladder wrapped around my liver and removed the gallbladder. I was discharged 10 days later. But when i got home was unable to eat or drink anything. I was experiencing dry heaves/gagging. Six days after being home, my Home health OT person was trying to fix foid that i might tolerate when i went into gagging convulsions and my Home health nurse sent me to the ER. My liver was abcsessed due to the infected gallbladder! They put a tube in to drain but eventually took that one out and put in a bigger tube. I had never heard of anyone else experiencing this until i stumbled on this post. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.