Gallbladder little pain very nauseated surgery?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I've had all the tests done on my gallbladder my hida scan said I had a ejection rate of 18%. I don't have the pain but when I have an attack I get severely nauseous and can barely function. I'm scheduled to have it out in a week. Has anyone had symptoms like this and had surgery? What were your results?

Thanks so much

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I didn't have the right sided pain that everyone describes either, except for in my shoulders and back. My symptoms, that sent me to the hospital, where they did an ultrasound and discovered stones were: severe  nausea daily, indigestion (they discovered I had GERD), lightheaded and dizziness, weight loss, loss of appetite, weakness and shaky, extreme fatigue. Went to surgeon to discuss surgery, and he stated the gallbladder might not be my only problem. I had surgery 2 weeks ago, and my back pains and shoulder pain is gone. However, I still am experiencing nausea, fatigue, weakness and shakes, and still losing weight. Surgeon was pleased at least a couple symptoms were cured🙄 He has referred me to a gastroenterologist for digestive issues and nausea. I am , as of yesterday, feeling a lessening of these symptoms, but still not 100%. Also having head pressure and pain, which runs down my neck to my shoulder area. Have brain MRI scheduled. Will keep on trying to solve my health mystery. Good luck to you. Hope you feel better quick! 
  • Posted

Ive never had a painful severe attacked either......ive been suffering with tummy problems for well over a year.....that has gotten worse over time. I get morning nausea EVERY morning , sometimes followed by a soft bowl movement ( sorry)

I get upper back aches/right shouldblade aches/pressure. My upper absomen feels bruised tender when touch even where my gb is situated it hurts when pressed. I also get niggles/tugging sensations where my gb is. I get sharp pains in my right ribs that sometimes go near under my armpit.

Ive had all tests done under the sun/ bloods /endoscopy ect....all came back fine, apart from my ultrasound scan which showed my gb walls thickened and full of shadows. Im seeing my surgeon next week as he was the one who wanted my to have the endoscopey done to rule out everything else.

• Posted

Thanks guys! I'm scheduled for surgery. The surgeon said the random pain that I do have should be resolved, the gastroenterologist said that the nausea going away is 50/50 but that the gallbladder doesn't get better it only gets worse especially if I have another pregnancy. So I'm rolling the dice and having the surgery. I just hope one day I can eat normal again. Or at least not worry if what I'm eating will make me sick!
    • Posted

does your nausea hit you at a certain time of day?? do u have toilet troubles too?
  • Posted

Hi, I did have bad nausea and no pain.  Also had problems because I had too much bile.  After surgery, my nausea gradually resolved itself.  Good luck and stay positive.  Let us know how you do!
    • Posted

Lynda, hope you don't mind me asking, but how long after surgery did your nausea subside? Do you feel 100% now? When was your surgery? Thanks!
    • Posted

Hi, Debbie, my nausea subsided in a couple of weeks.  My surgery was in 2009.  I had to teach myself how to eat all over again, so I still try to follow a low fat diet.  While removing my gallbladder helped with what I was going through, afterwards, I was diagnosed with BAM, Bile Acid Malobsorption, because my liver was still producing excess bile. (About 10% of people will have this after surgery.)  I am still on medication for that.  I had just turned 60 when I had my gallbladder out, and had been very ill for several months, so it was a long time, maybe 8 months before I felt 100%.  But, everyone is different, so don't judge your situation by mine.  I had no pain from my gallstones but terrible nausea and diarreha from the bile.  I lost 35 pounds because I was unable to eat.  I had to beg the surgeon to remove my gallbladder because an ultrasound didn't reveal that it was filled with very, very small stones.  I am glad I did it!!!! At least I don't have anything diseased in my body. I hope this has been of help. Please let me know how you're doing.  I know that this problem is scary and isolating.  No one believed how sick I was... 
    • Posted

See, I mainly had nausea as my biggest symptom. I still have it daily, and have lost about 30 pounds in 3 months, not being able to eat much either. Weird thing is, I feel better at night, so this is when I can actually eat a little. Trying to at least maintain my weight now. My gallbladder cannot be my only issue, since I'm still having issues....nausea, shaky, weakness, headache/pressure, weird burning pains now, from inside my body, different areas, and insomnia, even though I'm fatigued beyond belief! I went to gynecologist today to check and see if I'm periomenopausal, or menopausal. Got my blood drawn for hormone check. Not holding out too much hope. Having a brain MRI next week, to check about the headache thing. Would be lovely to have a diagnosis! I will keep you updated, thank you!
    • Posted

I see.  You know, the late afternoon and evening were the only times I could eat, too.  But I would be proportionately sick the next am if I ate a lot.    Because I was nauseated, I wasn't drinking much water, either.  So if you have difficulty keeping anything down, that could be part of it.  At one point, I was having a large bottle of orange gatorade and two slices of cinnamon bread for breakfast, at 11 a.m.  Please do keep me posted!
  • Posted

It doesn't hit me during anytime in particular but I've noticed if I eat bad the night before I wake up and am nauseated. Also all dairy products seem to make me severely nauseous! I can't eat any fatty meat or anything without being nauseous.

I'm just hoping for some relief!

• Posted

Fingers crossed for you ash face. Just eat bland diet for the next few months. Hopefully, your surgery will cure you! Keep us updated please!
    • Posted

Thanks so much! I'll keep you all updated! Fingers crossed!
  • Posted

Hi, Ashface, please take care of yourself, eat low fat, and let us know how you get on!  Best of luck!  confused
  • Posted

Hi everyone I just wanted to let you all know how post-ob is going. It was a week on Friday that I had my gallbladder removed and it is going very well. I can't take pain medication so all I could take was Tylenol and that did the trick for pain. It wasn't so bad, granted I never want surgery again but not horrible. Other than that I'm feeling very well. I still am not eating dairy and fairly low fat but I have tested it a bit and had a piece of pizza which usually would make me sick and give heart burn and I'm happy to say I felt fine after eating it!

Good luck to everyone and hope that everything keeps looking up!

• Posted

That is great news! So very happy for you! Unfortunately, I am still not feeling well, and have no answers, except my hormone blood draw came back that I'm in menopause! Brain MRI was normal. Since I last posted on here, I have seen the neurologist and a urologist. Getting neck MRI on Friday and taking another round of antibiotics for my ongoing UTI. I'm just a mess! Very happy for you though! Trust that each day gets better and better. Thanks for the update!🙂
    • Posted

Great news, Ashface!  Thanks for letting us know!  Hope that everything keeps looking up for you!  
    • Posted

Oh, Debbie!  Well, you don't have the answers you're looking for as yet.  But now you know you're in menopause and that your brain's okay....just try to take it slowly, if you can.  It's difficult when you're not feeling well, I know.  But, I'm thinking of you, and hoping that you'll get your answers soon!
    • Posted

Than you Lynda, you are sweet! Yep, hoping for answers soon, as being sick daily is taking its toll 😒

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.