Gallbladder of kidney stones I don’t know !!

Posted , 4 users are following.

iv been having pains and soreness under ribs on both sides mainly left got blood tests done today and doc has ordered a scan in a couple of weeks anyone have same type symptoms

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I went to my GP with pain under my left rib and was sent for a scan. Found polyps on gallbladder which is right side under ribs and further test showed pain on left is my rib and down to low vit D levels which affects the bones .

• Posted

its actually my right side thats sore at the min it feels abit swollen what did they do with the polyps

• Posted

I have an appointment 15th April with a consultant so should k ow more then.

Hope your scan and bloods come back good.

• Posted

Hi, i had my gallbladder out two years ago. i had the same problem and pains. they did the scan and found that i had gallstones. It took them two years to set th surgery date. Just becareful with the greasy and spicy foods for now. Before my surgery , when my gall bladder acted up. I use to drink a cup if tea or have a glass of water. it usually helped with the pains .

• Posted

I have had both gallstones and kidney stones. Pain with the kidney stones was quite a bit worse.

If it is kidney stones you will probably be having several urinary tract infections and there may be blood in your urine.

Sounds more likely to be gallbladder to me.

Try to cut down on fatty foods and see if that improves it.

Take care and keep in touch.

Sarah

• Posted

thank you Sarah i will , yeah iv been cutting down and trying to drink plenty of water , days iv got pain in both sides so its hard to say until i get the scan done did u feel pain in both sides? x

• Posted

have to get blood tests done again on thurs nurse asked me if i was drinking enough which im probably not iv such a hectic lifestyle at the min with work looking after my mum and in know im neglecting eating proper meals and drinking enough water

• Posted

got more bloods done today nurse said my kidney function was borderline thats why doc ordered more tests still waiting on date for scan

• Posted

oh and iv been drinking plenty fluids apple juice water cranberry juice and doing better with healthy eating just making time for myself as it def helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.