Posted , 6 users are following.
I'm looking for some insight on my symptoms and what other experienced.
About 6 weeks ago, I started getting nauseous at night but it came with some heart burn sensation so I began treating it like acid reflux. After two weeks of Prilosec and countless zantac and tums, it wasn't getting better. I began to try to alter my diet but started to notice other symptoms. I made an appt with the gastro doc who did an upper GI scope thinking it was an ulcer only to find mild inflammation. He also did an ultrasound for gallstones. The results came back normal but the tech's comments concerned me so I am a bit confused. She had a student with her who said "woah is it full?" the tech said "yes" and the student said "OUCH". But still the results came back normal and my doctor is on vacation so I can't ask him. He has scheduled me for a HIDA scan tomorrow and a gastric emptying test next week because he is thinking it may be my gallbladder not functioning correctly or gastroparesis. I'm just curious if anyone has had these issues and gotten a dx of one of the mentioned issues?
- Nausea about 2 hrs after eating, sometimes faster. Especially worse after fried foods. Zofran was given to help nausea but it is no match for the nausea that comes after eating french fries!
- Stomach pain in the upper gi area. Ache at times but sharp pain right below sternum most times.
- Quick shooting pains on right side under rib, also felt in my back at times.
- Constipation. Not eliminating well even while on miralax daily.
- Loosing weight from not eating.
Of these symptoms, the nausea is the worst. I am not one to get sick but there are times that I have sat outside to keep myself from getting sick. French fries which used to be my favorite food have become my worst enemy. I am down to a limited diet of pretzels, crackers, and edamame =(
Anyone have similar symptoms?
0 likes, 13 replies