Gallbladder or liver?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I've had this issue over 10 years now. This all started when I took some supplement. I got jaundice, yellow skin, dark urine and I started noticing feeling something under my rib cage. It feels like there is a like a tennis ball stuck inside it. Jaundice went away after when I stopped taking the supplement but tennis ball feeling never went away. Went to a doctor and gastro doctor. First they gave me antibiotics thinking it could be some sort of infection. Next did scans and said they found something in the liver but told me that many people have it and should not be the cause. Liver blood test always come back normal. Next I did HIDA, it came back normal but with slightly thicken gallbladder wall. Interestingly during the scan I felt intense pressure and pulsation where the discomfort is. Now, when I touch the area it is kind of tender and sort of sore like as if the area is inflamed. I suffer from dry skin, constipation and anxiety/fatigue after meal thinking it could be related to these symptoms. Anyone with similar symptoms got any if it is gallbladder or liver ? I know for sure it is not stomach related because I have stomach issues toward my left side and it has similar but different symptoms. Another wierd thing I noticed, when I take ginger supplements, something happens with bile and my stool color become pale. So, I'm thinking something is up with my liver or gallbladder but normally I have a normal stool color.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.