Gallbladder or something else

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have been ill for over 4 months now including 8 hospital admissions for the pain, originally after a ultrasound I was told I had sludge in my gallbladder and was sent home with pain killers, ended up backin hospital with pain had a endoscopy and was told I had gastris due to the painkillers! Pain carried on mainly in the right side under my bust, was then told I had costocondititis , still in severe pain and eating really bland food only chicken, bread, jacket potatoes and a weight watcher biscuit, I then had in December a private ultrasound that showed 3 gallstones and pancreas was mildly inflamed, we are now waiting to see consultant again on 23rd , I have terrible heartburn , pain in right side, loose bowels, which has been yellow and green, general feeling of unwell, feel sick a pain in my mid back, bra strap area. I have even wrote to my MP out of desperation and asking for help. I have paracetamol, codine and oramorph for pain as well as lidocaine patches at night.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hope you get sorted Sheilaboo, its terrible you have had to write to mp. I believe these consultants are so busy doing private work nowadays that they don't care about nhs patients. I paid to see private consultant to jump queue, she seemed really keen to help, but when I went on to her nhs list her whole attitude changed and she just fobbed me off.
  • Posted

Hello, You really have been thru it. Drs. much like mine. I do think you have to insist with your GP in getting the right tests and need family with you to support.

I'm trying to relate to your symptoms. I did have an endoscopy (first test done) which showed acid tum. Eating a mainly letttuce salad, I could feel it crinkly in my tum. I soon cut out all acid food and was really amazed what foods do have acid. But plenty and plenty of water. All my food took a long tim,e to digest and gave me bad nausea, this is a sign of bowel cancer.

My motions at first were those related to gastroenteritis. Feeling of diareah (spell) but not, very bad smelly wind. I thought I had tummy bug and would go. I had very bad heartburn, thought my tum was coming up and I'm not prone to it. Had pain in top of tum and pain from right side across to middle of back and up.

All these pains were bad when they happened and were related to gallbladder, I think. I was put on Lansoprazole. Firstly Osmoprazole, but that can be dangerous if taken too much, but there are many diff. .....prazoles.

My pains subsided, but not the bloating and nausea (bowel cancer, colon can't pass motions due to the tumour and then blood, cancer). All this I know now but didn't then and just listened to my GP telling me it could be this or that. I still had the smelly wind and spindly motions all day. This would go but not the spindly motions and the smell would come and go. I thought tum bug not really going.

When I had the MRI and consultant told me I should have the gallbladder out, he did say could block by stone or burst and cause very bad desease. I was interested in any cancer in surrounding areas, but he wasn't and thaqt is what put me off having the gallbladder out, perhaps I didn't need it out.

If I knew then what I know now perhaps my cancer wouldn't be so advanced. I do remember the consultant telling me about yellowing.

Yours is much worse than mine was. I've still got mine after 3 diff. scans and no problem with tum since my first chemo. (Opened up colon to let motion pass and bleeding stopped, after 2 yrs I hasten to add).

Yellow and green motions is def. not good and I think you should insist on MRI.

Sorry I've gone on so much. Wish you all the best. Daffs

• Posted

Hi Sheilaboo. I am hoping by now you have been treated. I had my gall bladder removed in February and I can say I didn't realise how ill I had been until it was removed. I had been unable to wear a bra due to the constant pain on my right side around my ribs front and back. I was living on boiled potatoes boiled veg no caffeine no sugar no spice and no fat. Even on this diet I was in pain but it was bearable. Since the operation which was keyhole I realised I was always slightly nauseous but had not noticed it. I was very lethargic ,suffered from acidic stomach . Basically now I have energy I can eat anything , have no indigestion don't feel even slightly nauseous... I hope you get treated and can enjoy life without rotten rotting gallstones inside you.. The op was the best thing to happen to me ... I was nervous but it was worth it ... 
  • Posted

Hi there Sheilaboo   can you tell me how you went on with all this   i had my gall bladder out 4 weeks ago  and have the same pain in the back same area as you   keep telling my doctors  but  they look at me as thou im mad     is all this after you had gall bladder removed ? xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.