Gallbladder out last week, now incredible kidney pain!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me, I really need help!

I had my gallbladder out last Wednesday, it all went fine! But now the kidney on the same side is absolutely killing me, the other one is hurting too but nowhere as bad as my right side! It's every time I breath or move! Before I had my GB out it ached a tiny bit but only a handful of times, but this is constant!

Has anyone had anything similar? Should I be worried?

Thank you

Katie x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katielouise,

I'm glad to know your surgery went well.  Maybe you had a UTI that didn't get diagnosed that's moved up to your kidneys.  

I suggest you go to the ER if you're in the states or to A&E, because pain in the kidneys shouldn't be ignored.  They should be able to do a quick test and find out if you have a UTI and give you some antibiotics.  

Don't be worried, but please get some help for this!  Let me know how you get on! xx

• Posted

I was told in my pre-op that levels in my urine were a bit high, they sent it off for testing and said I might hear something back... but I never did! So yeah it could be that! I'll give my gp a ring! Thank you xx

• Posted

Please do let me know what happens.  i wonder if your test got "lost in the shuffle."  sad 

It wouldn't be the first time that something like that has happened.

• Posted

Hi Katie

My daughter had the same as you in A&E the tests showed 1st time urine infection & 2nd an infection around where the gallbladder was and a slight building up of fluid.

Antibiotics were needed.

It's quite common so don't be alarybut get checked xx

• Posted

Thank you! Was that a simple urine test or was that more! Hopefully it's just a simple UTI but I'll be wary in case it is something more like that!

Thank you xx

• Posted

Hi, Katielouise,

Sometimes they also do a culture.  This allows them to grow the bacteria in your urine so that they can find out what antibiotic will kill the bacteria.  

If you're given antibiotics, remember to supplement your gut bacteria with probiotics.  Get a brand that has several strains--that's properly coated so it survives the acid in your stomach.

Any time you take an antibiotic, it kills both the good and the bad bacteria in your body, destroying the balance.  Right now, you have too much "bad" bacteria in your urinary tract, it's not being balanced out by the good stuff.  The antibiotic will do the same to the bacteria in your intestines.  But you need to take it.  

Take care, and let me know how you do!

• Posted

Simple urine test & blood test, over in minutes on the antibiotics 👌& that helped .

Hope you are feeling better c

• Posted

Katie.

I think I sent my response earlier without being done. I am 3.5 weeks out from the surgery and I have had on and off right kidney pain on several occasions. All of my blood and urine test came back fine. I would be super interested to hear whether or not your cultures of your blood and or urine show anything as well.

Heather.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.