Gallbladder pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had gallbladder pain for 1 year now I have lost 4 stone in weight had several tests done which don't reveal anything

I am on alot of pain relief with regular hospital admissions it's really affecting my life has anyone else had anything similar if so what was the solution

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I went through 6 months of constant pain while all the tests (but 1) came back completely normal.

Had my gallbladder removed after a second opinion and I had chronic gallbladder disease and 10 small stones that didn't appear on any scans.

• Posted

Really fingers crossed I can get sorted how have you been after surgery
  • Posted

I don't know Katie. I've been going through it myself for the past 8 1/2 months. I'm going to my GI doctor tomorrow to let her know whats been going on. It used to be fuul blown nausea. Then it went to a bad queesiness. Now it seems to be a lighter version. I know alot of people on here have said that they will be ok & then it comes back. I'm praying that I'm coming to the end of it but only God knows.
    • Posted

Thanks i am hoping that you get sorted soon and get rid of your pain it's not nice and I no the struggles that I am having with mine
  • Posted

What tests have you had done?

Sorry you have not been able to find out what is going on here.

Have you been given any advice about diet?

Praying for you

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah xxx

• Posted

Hi sarah

I have had loads of tests done my gallbladder function came back at 35% they are saying it is the lining that gets inflamed which causes pain and sickness etc.

I see my surgeon again in March but obviously got to wait until then in agony qmd on the strongest pain relief.

Diet wise I am under a dietitian but I no to stay away from fatty foods and to try and eat little and often but everything is a struggle and is starting to make me low in mood with been in constant pain

Thanks for your prayers

Katie xxx

• Posted

You need to go on a gallbladder diet...limit meat intake, lots of fresh fruits and vegetbales, healthy fats only.  Eat lots of beets.  You need to thin the bile. Castor oil packs also help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.