Gallbladder pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm scheduled for surgery Jan 2 to have gallbladder removed the last 2 weeks pains been very bad I been in and out of er pain was getting really bad so I went in I have a gallstone in neck of gallbladder no one wants 2 do surgery cuz I have no fever. 2 nights ago pain was the worst ever it scared me I couldn't even talk. Sense that attack I haven't been able to poop. Not really been hungry. But pain hasn't really been here as much should I be worried

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

How awful 

I remember it well 😩

just keep an eye on the whites of your eyes and your skin ..if you start to yellow it’s jaundice caused by stones stuck in bile duct ...if your poo Goes white pale u need to go to a and e ..

but it sounds like your just enduring the colic attacks that you get when you have stones..

wont be long now 

such a relief once mine was removed I cried with joy afterwards ..👍

• Posted

Hi

How are you now after having your gallbladder out ?

My symptoms have gone now after 2 weeks still wondering if i should have it out ?

• Posted

Well I am now coming up 4 years since removal ..

for me my quality of life improved immediately .. I had developed food phobias due to fear of the agonising attacks ..after removal I no longer felt nauseous .. and my nerves settled ..

i have become gluten intolerant since removal and I suffer from constipation but for me that is nothing compared with what I was suffering ..

i did enjoy myself with food after removal and now am on a strict low fat diet  to help my liver ( little warning don’t go mad with fat but so hard when you can suddenly eat what you like ) some people get left with diahreah it depends on how much bile your liver drips into your tummy after removal .. removal when you haven’t got infected or jaundiced seems to have less complications compared to leaving your gallbladder in until it has to come out in an emergency op leaving you with more complications .. 

• Posted

A colic attack is when you can’t stop being sick you keep being sick for hours you just keep vomiting bile ..your ribs feel like they are broken with the pain your intestines feel like they are pushing up on your ribs ..it’s absolutely excruciating.. 

i had these attacks roughly once a year for a good 10years before I was diagnosed with a gallbladder packed with stones ..I had thought each time I had food poisoning but could never understand how after 7or 8hours Of agony I would suddenly recover..all symptoms disappear..

when diagnosed I realised these colic sick attacks were stones getting stuck in my bile duct and my body trying to pass them or dislodge them ..the pain stops suddenly because they dislodge ..

the general gnawing aching pain you get under your right rib and in your back is inflammation from the stones rubbing together and making the lining of the gallbladder sore .. it settles with extremely low fat diet ..

the colic attacks can also be avoided by low low fat no red meat no caffeine nothing that causes your gallbladder to contract ..and squeeze ..so no food that requires extra bile to be squeezed out from your gallbladder ..

hope that helps 

• Posted

Hi, Sorry your having such a hard time.... it's such misery going through this... for me it changes daily!  I'm worried about the whole issue !  Wish  I had more to offer.... Blessings to you !

• Posted

Hi, How are you feeling? 
    • Posted

Hi , yeh im feeling pretty good , so whats happening now is i just feel a bit unwell in the stomach area it comes and go's like it came on 20 mins ago but settles down havnt had a bad attack since 28 th nov .

I want to travel os for a few weeks but doctor said no .

I feel i could do it ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.