Gallbladder pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, I have been diagnosed with gallstones and am waiting for a gallbladder removal op. Ive had the usual horrendous pain attacks but for the past 3 days ive had a pain in left side between rib and hip and also bloating. I saw my GP yesterday who didnt seem to listen to what i was saying and suggested ovaries so has said to go back next week (this is next available appointment) and have blood tests for ovary, liver and kidney function. Has anyone else had pain in the left side that has been associated with gallbladder? Its like a constant pain and is very sensitive if I press the area.

Thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I had my gallbladder out 4 weeks ago, and before the surgery i was also having pain on left side to. still actually have tendernous on left side under the rib. Your pancreas also has bile ducts around the area which could be cause for the pain. When any of the bile ducts are blocked or not working properly you can fell the pain radiating all over the area. Hope that helps, you should start felling better immidiately after surgery. You'll have surgery pain but you won't have as much pain as you have now. I still have phantom pains and cramping where my gallbladder was. Doc said this is all normal and will gradually go away.

• Posted

Hi Thank you for your reply. so this is quite normal? I was worried and thinking about going back to GP as it doesn't seem to be easing and has been 3 days now and all GP said was to take paracetamol. You've put my mind at rest bcos whatever forum I looked on it was all muddle to right side pain. Thanks again.

• Posted

I just had mine out Dec 7.my pains went from right to middle to left.I know they say under rib but I was feeling it by my left rib too.Dr said that can happen.these gallbladders seem to have a mind of their own.😕

• Posted

With gall stones pain is felt all around the stomach but mainly when the gallbladder is inflamed and tender the pain is under the bottom right rib. When exhaling the gall bladder can be felt

under the right rib cage if it is enlarged........

Have you researched ursodioxycholic acid which dissolves cholesterol gall stones? If you have not researched that it's best to do it without delay because that treatment dissolved my stones and avoided me having a gall bladder removal........ Why is that not widely publicized ?

• Posted

Hi, thanks for that I will read up on it. How long did that take for you to see an improvement? So did you ask for another scan before op to see if the stones had gone?

• Posted

I did not have an operation and I still have my gall bladder which is Asymptomatic( no symptoms) ad this is now after two years.

I took Ursodioxycholic acid tabs for 6 months but I had an uphill job getting a script for them. My GP's would not prescribe them and gave the unresearched excuse that they might not work which is utter rubbish. My gastro sugeon gave me the first script & then the GP must do repeats.

I have quite a few in stock & would not hesitate taking another course if required that is if my symptoms returned.

I the USA it is said that a low dose of Urso can prevent the cholesterol stons from forming again but in the UK it's like finding hens teeth regarding those who know about Urso.....

Doctors may not know about Urso but I can assure you chemists do and I suspect after three knowing distinctly that of course Urso dissolves gall stones but I would wager almost all chemists know more the you know who! I would ask if 'it' avoided me having an operation why?

• Posted

gallbladder pain does not happen on the left side

• Posted

Hi, thanks for that. So do you know this for a fact? If so then I think I need to see my GP again to determine what's wrong with me.

• Posted

Seeing your doctor is always the best policy without delay.

Us lot on this blog can only relate to our own experiences..... Apparently pain can radiate to other parts of the bowel etc and symptoms re the gall bladder can be numerous and of course horrendous and in some instances requires urgent attention.

Any discussions on here should be after careful medical/clinical resolution

of a patients symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.