Gallbladder Pain after surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

I need your help.  I had my Gallbladder surgery three years ago since then i was noticing a light pinch at the same place.  I thought that it might be a scar that was left after surgery but seven mounts ago that small pinching exploded like a bomb in me. i was in a severe pain in the upper right side under the rib cage then it was going to my back and my shoulders and then it began going to my left side too.  i can only sleep on my right side and sometimes on my back but not on the left side.  If accidently i turn to my left side pain would wakes me up immediately and then it stays there for almost one day. The pain goes to front chest to my back and up to my shoulders and sometimes it burns and tingles as well.   my belly button is sensitive too.  my bowl movement changed as well during past seven mounts it is  small and hard lumps.  I went to many GI doctors none of them could help me since all my tests came back normal. i even went back to my surgeon and asked him if he left something inside of me or if he did something that I don’t know abou it but he simply denied.  i finally went back to the hospital and asked for all my medical records i found out that the surgeon during the surgery performed Cholongiogram to take x-ray with injection on me to see if there were any stone in my bile duck without my family and i permission. this test has its own risks which i did not know and he never told me about it.  so now i want to know is this Cholongiogram performed in all Gallbladder surgeries? did anyone of you had this procedure done during the surgery? if yes did you suffer the consequence like i do?

i am searching on google day and night to find the reason to this pain and i come with many result such as IBS, Pancreatitis, Liver dame, Bile duct damage and Colon damage.  and almost all of them has the same symptoms.  Sometimes i think it might be a nerve that is damage due to the burning sensation that i get in that area. Sometimes i think it might be chronic pancreatitis because i have pain in both sides which radiates to my back and shoulders. But then i don’t have greasy and yellow stool and all the enzymes and images came back normal I have only pain. Therefore,  i eat cheese and greasy food on purpose  just to see if i will get the pain but i don't.  but if i move suddenly to right or left or try to lift something i get the pain back again.  then i get confused the pain its mostly behind my stomach and up to my back and chest it’s like someone is holding my breath.  if i swallow something little hard unlike soft food i feel the pain until the goes down.  then because of the constipation problem i think that i might have IBS but then the IBS pain is mostly in the lower part of the abdomen not upper part.  i am completely lost.  i do not know what to do and which doctor to see that could find the reason of this pain.   is there anyone of you that have pancreas problem if yes what are the symptoms? Does everyone with pancreas problem get the same symptoms?  

Thank you   

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The test you took is not the reason for your pain. It could be scar tissue or he injured your duodenum. If he injured it you have to chew your food and eat soft food. It is not your pacretitus because if you eat greasy food you will have pain like I get.  first relax you not dying.  I have had cancer 3 times and all different cancers and I am still around. You will live a long life and over time you will learn how to eat better, like I did over the past 10 years. sometimes you will get episodes but that is normal. I would recommend a MRI abdominal scan.  It does not have radiation and if something is left from surgery they will find it. Your body is very sensitive due to the surgery which is normal.. I get pain under my right rib cage a lot .  That happens when I eat bad food, it might not happen right away but sometimes takes a few days to trigger it. Don't eat out, stay away from processed foods, stay away from meats, chicken is o.k. 3 times a day. Stay away from sugar, candy.  I eat vegg's and some fruits. One fruit a day since it is hard for our bodies to digest foods, that is why you get pain. You will learn how to eat better and take care of your body. If I eat ice cream , i will go to the bathroom right away, I mean right away. take care, get the scan for a piece of mind and you will live a long and healty life.
    • Posted

tnx for the message sal79893

that test i didn't take he did it on me while i was under the surgery. and if he injured the Duodenum will it give me the same pain that i have now? does this injury heals? you said you have pancreas problem then what are your symptoms are they like mine?

• Posted

You need two things, an upper GI which is no big thing. they put you out for about 20 minutes and look into your stomach and can see if their is any damage. Second do the MRI, there is not radiation so it will not harm you at all. If everything is normal, than you just have to deal with it and learn how to eat and chew better before you swallow.  remember you have not gallbladder which holds the digestive fluid-bile that disolves the food.  Now your bladder sends little bile instead of a lot if it is fatty.  
    • Posted

Sal79893

I did many ulthrosobds two CT scans and recently one MRCP which shows nothing.

• Posted

Great, that mean you are healty, thank god.  Now all you need is an endoscopy just to look and see if you duodenem is damaged from the surgery. If everything is good, than you are like many others who still have problems after the gallblader has been removed. It may take up to a couple of years to know your body after surgery. remember you had trama to your body and some bodies just do not respond well after surgery. The main thing is you are healty and alive. Just watch your diet and after you check yourself stop going to doctors they are not god , just humans.
    • Posted

Sal79893

So if the duodenem is damaged what they will do for it? I don't want to do surgery again. And what kinds of endoscopy will show the damage? I'm afraid of its ERCP then the risk of more damage and pancretites rises. And can duodenum heal it self if it has scar or I should live with this pain forever? sad

• Posted

Just a regular endoscopy, that is it. you do not have a pancretites problem.  It after that you are fine, the pain will go away soon. You body will know how to heal itself. are you eating bad, eating out, sweets and ect.  If their is damage to the duedenem you can not fix it. Just chew your food more and eat smaller meals.6 times a day. A lot of water . that is what I do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.