Gallbladder Pain years after surgery!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

This July has marked 3 years since Ive had my Gallbladder removed. Dr. Said it was only working at 1%. But it seems to me since the gallbladder has been removed I have experienced more pain and issues. I have been having to take Bentyl due to the spasms I experience. The spasms start on the right side radiates to my back and sometimes knocks the breath out of me. I have had a CT, ultrasound, EGD nothing has been diagnosed as to why im having these. Some doctors say its a issue that was probably forming before the surgery. I believe not!! Then im told its IBS-C gastritis esophagitis!! Im sure i have inflammation due to the gastritis always have even before the gallbladder removal.

But this pain is crazy. I shouldn't live the rest of my life like this.

Im looking to see if anyone else is experiencing these problems. 7/16/16.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had mine out at the end of March this year, was back in the hospital the 4th of July with the same pain.  ECRP done for nothing.  My liver enzymes were at 5.  I'm convinced we over produce bile, with or without gall bladder, causing severe pain.  I see no resolution for this and will not return to ER.  Can't afford the medical bills.  Last time I was in hospital for FIVE days.  

• Posted

Yeah i cant begin to mention how many times ive been to the Er with these attacks!!

Someone commented to drink mineral water another lady told me to eat a low fat diet. Imma try these things and see how it helps.

• Posted

Please try mineral water! I've had horrible pain since my gallbladder removal in 1990 many trips to the ER in horrible pain. I searched online to help myself and found the suggestion. I drink mineral water every day and when I do have a Flare up it is relieved right away!

Try mineral water today please!

• Posted

Im having my gallbladder taken out on july 26th i had never experienced any pain untill i got pregnant i just had my daughter 3 weeks ago (cecarean) wanted to wait to heal first but I've been getting alot of pains i dont know if its heart burn or gallstones. The pain starts under my ribs then goes to my back and it burns it usually last for 3 hours. Im confused because sometimes i get the same pain but 10 times stronger i cant breathe or talk but my back doesn't hurt when that happens and it will only last for 30 min does anyone know if the pain is hartburn or

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.