Gallbladder pancreas

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had pancreatitis attack 3 times (not from alcohol) the 3rd time my doctor organised a MRI to check for gallstones and see how my pancreas was. And everything was normal, however it did show my pancreas was a sausage shape but all normal. So my doctor said because I have no gallstones I can either just follow a low fat diet forever to avoid another attack or have my gallbladder out and see how I go. Well a week later and I'm having the pains again I may have had a very small amount of fat but seriously that shouldn't effect me like this. I have upper mid deep chest pain, a burning occasionally too, and I am burping a lot. Also I have had a endoscopy which was clear too no reflux (which my mum and sister both have). I've tried acid reflux double strength and it doesn't work. Does anyone have any feed back for me please?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am on Omeprazole as the GP thought I had acid in the stomach. They are helping. Also on a low fat diet as I DO have gallstones and am waiting to have my gallbladder removed. Boring isn't it?

I too have had several attacks with gallstones although I am careful what I eat. Very spasmodic.

Hope this settles down for you

Keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hi how do you have pancreatitis when all was normal with your GB? If you don't have Gstones or is not inflamed how do you get pain? The human body is a real mystery but when we are in pain is not easy I know.

I had my GB removed 4 months ago due to a stone trapped the pancreas causing pancreatitis and lots and lots of Gstones and now I have pain since then in the chest, a burning, reflux basically and still didn't find out why exactly. Hope you'll find an answer soon.

• Posted

They think I may have passed some stones, but nothing was found on my MRI and my pancrease was fine too. 

Gee you still have pain that's no good, I feel for you. How frustrating I hope you find some answers too.

• Posted

Have you had a HIDA scan to check how well your gallbladder is functioning - you can still have biliary sludge which may not be seen on ultrasound and mri scans but can cause untold misery with lots of pain. 
  • Posted

Debbie makes a good point. I have had gallbladder issues off/on for about 7-8 years.  Ultrasounds show no stones and ''possibly' sludge.  I had the HIDA scan done and my ejection fraction was 26.  I think they want to see 30-35 or over to consider it a normally functioning gallbladder. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.