Gallbladder polyp?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have been diagnosed with balkbladder polyp 1cm couple weeks ago ? See surgeon fri 19th Jan to discuss next step? Anyone else on here had polyp this size n any info on removal recovery etc would be fab? I have usual symptoms that are worsening mainly the fatigue n bloating? N aching. Headache n neck ache a new one this week .. many thanks xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have a 7mm gallbladder polyp and I'm on the waiting list for gallbladder removal. Mine was diagnosed 4 yrs ago when I started experiencing upper right quadrant pain. 4yrs later I'm now in suffering with constant pain ranging from a 3-7 on the pain scale. Not sure if it's the polyp causing the pain or something else. My consultant always says "polyps don't tend to cause pain."

• Posted

Definitely do cause pain I would agree.. i have my appointment Friday n my pain started in December .. I'm signed off work now ..my doctor has been amazing .. and I'm being seen as urgent due to size of polyp apparently .. iv been shocked at the debilitating effects tbh .. isn't it horrible 

• Posted

I am pleased to hear that you are being seen quickly. There isn't much info around on polyps and I haven't come across many people with them on this site. This persistent pain is just awful though it's gradually robbing me of my life. I just hope the removal sorts me out although I'm not naive to the fact that it may not be the solution to ending my pain. I had to take 2 weeks off work just before Christmas due to the pain . I can't eat properly and I'm naturally very slim so it's a nightmare trying to keep my weight on. I've just had an appointment with a dietician for some advice. I think I'll be waiting for quite some time. Last I heard I was looking at sometime in March. I've been waiting since November. I really hope you get sorted much quicker then me. x

• Posted

Are you from uk katie? March is a while to wait isn't it when you feel so unwell.. have you found anything that actually helps with the pain? I haven't (other than morphine in hospital) .. do you have neck ache like glands up?  And any pain on left side under ribs too? (Sorry to ask so many questions but youre the first person iv found with polyp issues too ) xx

• Posted

Yes I'm in the UK. Leicestershire area. My pain is all on the right side and I feel in my back and shoulder blade area. I've tried various painkillers nothing really helps. I'm currently taking amitriptyline at night which helps me to sleep better. Other then the pain im fairly healthy. No swollen glands or anything like that. I just try to keep fat in my diet to a minimum hoping that is keeping the worst of the pain at bay. You might find a heat pack helps or even an ice pack. It's just a case of finding what works for you I'm afraid. I know how horrible the pain can be though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.