Gallbladder polyp

Posted , 3 users are following.

After an ultrasound I have been told I have a small polyp, no gallstones. Anyone else got this and if so, what symptoms did you have? Doctor said nothing to worry about and that was it. Now I'm thinking that it should be monitored? I've read that it can be caused by too much cholesterol so as I'm overweight I would assume losing some and watching diet will definitely help. Any advice or experience and I would be grateful!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Diane, yes, I think it should be monitored, though some polyps are just characterized by MD's as "normal" growths. If you decide to diet, do it carefully, as gallstones are formed by cholesterol.  Try to lose the weight slowly and keep it off, because gallstones are caused by yo-yo dieting.  It helps to eat low fat, low sugar, and no high fructose corn syrup, which, unfortunately, is in just about everything!  Good luck!  
    • Posted

Thank you Lynda. I will mention it next time I see my doctor. I definitely need to change my diet and get more exercise so I think this has spurred me on!
  • Posted

Ive just been dignised, with 5 polyps very painful I changed my duet it really helps I found calmomile tea much better than taking codine.. Although I take it, as prn just in case ..... I need know can I loose, weight with the lf diet I'm on cause I can see no change to my weight, at all ive fut out all fiids that annoy it and eat 6 tines, day small meals and, drinking water and calmoile tea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.