Gallbladder polyps

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi had pain in my side and just don't fell right and do not went to eat just been told in have polyps in my gallbladder going the doctor on Friday to get my result what to do  about them can anyone say what I should take for the pain   Or ask my doctor to give ? 

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cazza,

I just had surgery, a week ago to remove my gallbladder because I had three polyps(5mm).  I had pain just like you are having now.  My surgeon prescribed Percocet, I'm not big on taking a bunch of medication but I ended up taking half of one pill.  Sometimes I would take Motrin, but for the most part I just tried to bare through the pain and monitored what I ate until I had my surgery.  I hope this helps.  I feel your pain, and wish you nothing but the best going forward.

• Posted

Thank for getting back to me could you have not had the op  I was hoping that I don't have 2 bug will have to see what is said and how big they are 

Kind regards cazza 

• Posted

Try not to worry too much, if you need an op then it will be for the best. Good luck for Friday.
    • Posted

Thanks got results and one is 5mm so need to go and see someone any names of good  consultant  anyone I am on the wirral 

• Posted

I am in Gloucester so too far for You, but look up your local hospital and read up on the surgeons.
    • Posted

I live in the USA as well. My PCP is the one that referred me to my surgeon. I also did some extra research about my surgeon, before I had my appt. with him. It was good to know that he had a lot of good credentials. I had the robotic single site surgery, I'm so glad that I had the surgery I feel so much better. I'm steal healing, but my recovery time was pretty quick.
    • Posted

Hello stacee,

I just had my gb removal just a month ago and it's still numb. Is yours also like this. What do you take? I had told about this to my doctor and just advised me to take vitamin B6 and eat green vegetables.

• Posted

You can ice the pain with an ice pack. I can't tell you about taking any meds your doctor should tell you that.  My doctor had me on medicine when I had gallstones to help with the pain and after surgery the surgeon put me on pain killers. Ice is one thing the doctors said to do. It does help with the pain and drink a lot of water.

Any questions just ask.  Your doctor should give you something when you see them.

Good luck!

Lori

• Posted

Thanks for your replay Are you seeing consultant  not sure when x
    • Posted

I'm in Oregon, USA. I saw my doctor who had me go in for my scans and he gave me Librax to deal with the pain until I had surgery. I then meet with my surgeon and set up the surgery day. Oct 23 was my first attack. Suregery was Nov. 11.

I didn't have a consultant.

I hope you find out when you will have surgery real soon.

Any questions just ask.

Take care!

Lori

• Posted

Hi everyone thanks for your replay I am going to see someone on the 19 jan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.