Gallbladder post op problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

Its been 8,months since my gaulbladder op, last summer. ive now been told i have a stone possibly sitting in the bile duct, or sludge which sounds lovely. I have identical pains, to last year. wondered if anyone else had gone through this themselves. its come at a really difficult time for me, as both myself and partner are having too move to a bed and breakfast while we wait for our new home.

I am trying to keep strong a n d get through this the stress is making everything worse. but I am so greatful we have a home to go to.

any advice guys or any comments from anyone who has gone through having this problem with stones after surgery any help thank you in advance. 😃

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

All I can say is push push push your gp to refer you back to a gastro team and get some tests done. Keep pestering and don't stop until you get a result!!

Very best of luck!!!!!

• Posted

Hi thank you for the message the doctor is sending me to the hospital for a scan and tests after he examined my stomach on Wednesday.

I will make sure this is sorted, keep taking the pain medication to keep it under control.

Thank you so much for the message,

kind regards JO

• Posted

Sorry to hear you're suffering after surgery. I had exactly the same so much so i called for an ambulance. The doctor in A&E said it was quite common for a stone to get left behind. Some people say you can eat what you like after the op but i certainly can't. I can't eat meat any more only chicken and fish. When i went for the scan there was no sign of any stone so it must have passed through on it's own. Hope this helps but ask for a scan just to make sure.

• Posted

Thank you so much for coming back to me, i'm the same can only eat chicken and fish, too. The doctor is referring me to have a ultrasound done asap and blood tests. I am taking Zapain for the pain, hoping the stone will go like yours fingers crossed.

Have to be honest i was so surprised when this pain started up, its hitting my shoulders and neck and arms to the writs, getting really bad head aches with it and feeling faint.

all good fun lol! glad yours is gone keep you posted. thank you again kind regards JO X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.