Gallbladder problem after UTI

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! I am experiencing various gallbladder problems ( pain in right shoulder and around right ribs, throbbing in upper right stomach area plus nausea) after having had a UTI. The same happened in December last year but cleared up after two weeks. Had some ongoing symptoms and have had a gastroscopy, ultrasound and CT scans which show nothing. My Gastro man thought I might have a problem in the sphincter between the gallbladder and the duodenum rather than gallstones but this didn't show in any of the tests either. Having read many of the posts in the Gallbladder forum I am not alone in having negative results from various tests! Hugely frustrating but have to keep going until matter is resolved. However, just wondered if anyone else experienced gallbladder problems after a UTI? Is it the infection which upsets the gallbladder? Look forward to hearing from someone! Thanks in anticipation. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Not sure what UTI is. Ah is it Urinary Ttact Infection?

This can cause a lot of problems and sometimes you do not relise you have a urine infection.

Regarding scan gallstones do not always show up on ulatrasound scan you probably need to have MRI

Hope this helps

Sarah

• Posted

Had a CT scan as well as ultrasound but nothing showing up. Couldn't have MRI due to suffering from claustrophobia. Thanks for the reply though.
  • Posted

Have you tried adjusting your food intake? If you still experiencing UTI. i could recommend you drinking coconut juice. I'm not an expert just saying that it might help you.

Hope you'll be better soon!

• Posted

Many thanks! UTI cleared up with antibiotics but left with horrendous burning in my gallbladder area and terrible nausea. This happened 9 months ago and was sent for myriad of tests but no outcome. So frustrating. GP takes as verbatim that there is nothing wrong with my gallbladder and rejects the notion that scans can miss things!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.