Gallbladder problems?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone I was wondering if some one could give me some advice. I have been having ruq pain for a couple weeks now along with lower back pain, nausea ,and I'm tired and have no energy to do anything. I have had every test done in the book. I had the hida scan done with a result of 48% but during the test the X-ray person said that it wasn't pumping out bile like it should be. I can't sleep because I'm very uncomfortable and everything I eat causes the pain in discomfort in my ruq. I am going to see a surgeon tomorrow. I just want to tell them to take my gallbladder out. Am I wrong to say that?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ashley,  

Have you had an ultrasound, showing stones?  That's one of the tests that they usually perform.  Did it show stones?  If so, your gallbladder is probably diseased.  I'm presuming that your doctor sent you to a surgeon because your doctor also believes that it needs to be removed.  If that's the case, I would follow my doctor's recommendations.  Once your gallbladder is diseased, it's not usually going to get better.  

Best of luck to you!

• Posted

I have had a Sona Gram that should large stones after 5 months of pain and they scheduled a surgeon ... but is a Hida Scan really neccessary ? the test bills are adding up ....
  • Posted

hello I had gallstones over a year which a ct abdo jelly scan revealed. I had R pain and burning in stomach a lot and eventually became very constipated.  Mine was severe for a gallbladder op April 15 but ever since then the pain is worse all through me and I got pancreatitis Xmas 15 and I do know now my gallstones aggravated my pancreas when I had stones before op. One of the symptoms of pancreatitis is gallstones, drink and I believe fat, but my MRI of course showed no gallstones and I havent drunk for 20 years, so I believe as my diet was bad that aggravated my pancreas too.  Anyway, I cannot advise you what to do. My mother many years ago had her gallbladder out and was fine, but in those days they didoen surgery unlike today keyhole.  I do not know what went wrong since my op but am under investigation soon with 3rd GI man who I pray will help. I also have a hiatus hernia and gastritis.  Whatever you have best wishes to you and I am sure you will be OK. We are often left with no choice.  Now I am even more constipated despite laxatives, and if I go they are fatty so I have no idea what is causing my pain to spread now from top right up back, chest throat.  Best wishes. Sorry I cannot help much more
    • Posted

Thank you. I went to a surgeon today and he wants me to have a scope done to make sure there is no ulcers that can rupture I'm scheduled for a gallbladder surgery on Tuesday next week

• Posted

Good luck and wishes to you.  I am sure you will feel better after. Many do.
    • Posted

Good luck, Ashley,

Let us know how you do, both with the scope and the surgery!

• Posted

Hi, Basten,

I hope that this third doctor can help you and that you will get some relief soon! 

Please let me know how you do.

• Posted

Thankyou. What a life eh at times. It just doesnt help when tests show nothing and yes i pray this 3rd gi helps better than the others who didnt want to know basically. I reckon someone did something in an op last year. Oh it is my pancreas .thanks best wishes.the waiting is rotten and i am a stress head lol
    • Posted

You're welcome!  I think it's immoral when someone with all the knowledge and education to help someone couldn't care less about a fellow human being in pain.  Worse when they injure a person and won't take responsibility!  

Please do let me know how you get on with this new one!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.