Gallbladder Problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all, 

After going to her office today, my doctor is fairly certain that my gallbladder is causing the problems I've been having recently and is sending me for an ultrasound and HIDA scan, however, I am not able to get these tests done until next week Monday.  I'd just like some advice on how you guys manage your attacks, specifically while at work.  I used to have a good handle on what foods would cause my attacks, but recently the list has expanded and it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep myself both well nourished and feeling ok while at work.  I work as a CNA at a nursing home, so I am on my feet and often have to lift/roll heavier residents all hours of the day.  Unfortunately being so short staffed, administration is not completely understanding of my situation without a confirmed diagnosis.  Thank you in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Google bile acid diarrhea....I had that and I took the cholestraymine that it talks about at the end of the article.  I took 1 box and 50 billion flora critical care probiotic and it has gone and it has been over 6 months and I continue the probiotic.   It is caused by the gull bladder and you can also get it after removal of gull bladder.  Ask your doctor about it and read the article....I was diagnosed as IBS and did my own research.   Asked my doctor about this treatment and he said try it....gave me a prescription and the rest is history.  I had it for over a year....gradually got worse, afraid to go out any more could not eat really anything at all and now I am fine.  So just have this discussion with your doctor.  Can’t hurt..she is on the right road and will explain what the bile acid is....Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Greer, hello everyone. Greer, What are your symptoms? I have gallstones and i get bouts of loose stools to diarrhea quite often. Just last week i had (yellowish) loose stools and some consecutive days. I started drinking some probiotics (Yakult to be exact) 4days ago to see if it will help ease the problem and fortunately, i’ve been fine this past 2days. I also have high liver enzymes im dealing with right now. 
  • Posted

Hi, ive had a constant gastric attack for 14 weeks.

Every day 24/7 some days its almost ok. Other days ache pain knawing under and along breast bone ache in centre chest pain between shoulder blades.

Acid regurgitating even something as simple as soup 2hrs later i feel some come right back up into a tissue. I was constantly nauseas for 8 weeks that went. Id been on Serc Nexium Zofran Stemital Gaviscon i was poisoning myself. After 3 lots of blood tests and a hpylori bloodtest plus gall ultra sound

Diagnosis Gastritis. Gerd. I was taken off all medicines 6 weeks ago and up to 2 weeks ago i was improving then for no reason it became worse.

Im having hpylori breath test supposedly better than the blood which was neg

And abdominal ulstra sound Saturday breath test Monday Gp for results 28th

He said next step was endoscopy idc what the scan looked like imo its gallbladder

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.