gallbladder promblems years later

Posted , 7 users are following.

i am having some problems with my gb and its been three years since i had it done i am having pain in my right side and in my back i cant keep any food i cant breathe very well either so please help me out

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

sounds like you need to go to the doctor.  Ask for some blood test also.  Good luck, don't ignore your body telling you something
    • Posted

i have went they said nothing is wrong with me that it is just all in my head
  • Posted

Sounds like you needto see Doc and get ore tests. Off the cuff, and readng other posts, other people who have pain issues after Gall bladder is removed get releif by cutting back on fat, (including fatty meats) and fried foods. Eat more oat meal and drink more water. Watch spicy things. Read more posts about a special diet.
  • Posted

Hi Brittney87567

I have the same problem as well. I had the gb surgery 4 years ago and since then I have the right side pain to this day. But one year ago the pain became so sever that I could not even breath nor sit in on place. I went back to the Surgon to see what happend during the surgery and he told me nothing everything went well just you had a very sick gallbladder. However, beacuse I asked him many times he send me to do MRCP for 45 min to see if anything is blocked but the result was normal. Then he told me there is nothing more to do for me it's in my head and I worry to much.

He also told me to go to see the gastronologist if I want to. I went to the gastronologist for one year I went to him back and forth and he couldn't find anything as well. But then the pain eliminated a bit and I felt it more in my colon. I began having sever constipation and with each bowl movement I get sever pain. I could feel the movement through the colon. Specially in my left side. I began having burning and pressure in my colon. I went back to the gastronologist and told him my new symptomps and he asked me to do colonoscopy which I'm afraid to do it.

• Posted

Please stay on top of your Drs and find an answer for your pain. Do NOT ever accept "It's all your head" from any Doctor.

I ended up with a very real & known complication from a related surgery that the surgeon tried to say was in my head until they witnessed it in the hospital. Another year trying to cure it and fix my metabolics that were/out of sync.

I hope you stay on top of this and get some help.

Meg

• Posted

Hello. I too have had my gallbladder removed, and about 4 months later I experienced the pain in my right side right at the waist, radiating to the front and to the back. Feels much like a gallbladder attack. I could barely breathe without it feeling like a knife stabbing me.

I'll keep this simple:

--After your gallbladder is removed, your liver takes on a big load and needs to be watched and cared for very seriously. Even do liver cleanses 4 times a year. Research this on your own. Great information available. Your liver produces the bile that used to be stored in your gallbladder.

--I've read many blogs where people have had this pain examined through all sorts of tests, such as MRI, CT scans, blood work, HIDA scans, etc. As far as I can tell, no one can tell where the pain comes from.

--I research everything, and when I started having the side pain about 10 days ago, I jumped into a deep research about this. There has been some speculation that maybe there was a slight nerve damage during the removal surgery. Who knows.

--Through trial and error I am discovering that if I eat a fatty meal or eat food difficult to digest, I have this side pain. I feel bloated too.

--To help remedy the pain and bloating, I take an oxbile supplement (look on Amazon for Oxbile and read the product description and the reviews). I also take digestive enzymes (not to be confused with probiotics), and Gas-X. Great help.

--I also do some stretches and crunches, and other calisthenic exercises. These help enormously.

The bottom line is this... Your diet has to change, and you will need to exercise a bit every day. Simple exercises that work the parts of your body that hurt. Clear this with your doctor. Only 15 minutes of workout makes a massive difference for me. You CANNOT eat like you did before your gallbladder was removed.

Take the time to find out what kinds of foods you should eat without a gallbladder. Research Oxbile and Digestive Enzymes. Check out information on your liver and pancreas after GB removal. I've had much relief by eating better, and a bit of exercise, even during the pain. It goes away for me.

Good luck

• Posted

It had been about 2 and a half years since my mother had her "gallbladder" out. She was experiencing a lot of discomfort so she finally mentioned something to her primary about it. They did scans, and the technician who reviewed her pictures said it was her gallbladder, my mom then told her it had been removed. Turns out, the doctor had only taken 10-15% of her gallbladder out and had he mentioned that in the notes, she could have resolved the issue much easier than what she did. She had 3 stents put in and then finally the drain that she didn't want, but decided she should. She caught a staph infection and ended up having to be cut wide open, when it all could have been taken care of laproscopically, had the doctor made the correct notes. That all started in December, wrapped up in about May and now she is schedule for another surgery to take care of the hernia caused from the last surgery. Hopefully your doctors are more competent tht the ones my mother had.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.