Gallbladder question?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had an US scan a couple of years ago to check for gallstones but didn't have any although it showed up i have fatty liver which i am addressing by lifestyle change.  My problem is that i get a sort of dull ache type pain behind my right shoulder blade and am not sure if it's a muscular problem or not.  Some days are worse than others and today is a particularly bad day - when i turn my head to the right, left or when i bend my head down, there is a painful pulling.  I know i read somewhere that gallbladder issues can cause this and i have been to the GP about it and he thinks it's muscular but if it is then i think i will go and ask for some physiotherapy.    Have others had a similar problem?  thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have an identical problem, all scans ultra sounds, MRI show no problem.  When it starts acting up my back hurts, dull ache right shoulder blade. Gets real bad at night.  I also have bm changes when things start acting up (I am fairly certain a back injury won't cause that)....still trying to get an answer.  I know it's not much help but you aren't alone.  smile

• Posted

Commonly gallbladder issues cause diarrhoea soon after eating. Stools may be yellow and greasy or , if you are jaundiced, white and chalky. Again I would have thought you'd have central or rh side pain just under ribs. See my reply to Carina.

• Posted

Have you asked for any physiotherapy from your doctor?
  • Posted

Right sided shoulder pain is a common symptom of gallbladder issues. Gallstones don't always show up on US especially if they're small or sludgelike, but it may be you don't have stones but that your gallbladder isn't functioning properly. Ask your doctor for a referral for a HIDA scan if the pain gets worse. I would expect that you'd have other symptoms though : rh side pain, bloating, gas, sickness, diarrhoea, nausea, tiredness etc

• Posted

Sometimes i do get a slighty dull ache pain under my right rib and i'm never sure if that is to do with my fatty liver although i am trying to address the issue by losing weight and excercising as this can be reversed.  I don't get sickness, diorrhea or nausea but i do sometimes get gas, tiredness.

I've been rubbing Voltarol cream on it this morning in the hope that it is muscular related but i still have the pain.   The reason i think it is muscular is because once the GP told me that if i move my head and can only go so far by moving it before i get the pain then it is likely to be muscular.  A couple of years ago i couldn't roll my shoulders as i had a similar pain across my neck and shoulders but a course of physiotherapy cured it.  I have an appointment scheduled for next week to see a doctor about it and see what they say.

• Posted

Does anybody else het muscle spasms in there legs I have gallstones an have so many symptoms difficulty breathing burning stomach no energy
  • Posted

I'm going to see a doctor today.

• Posted

I have seen the GP and will be starting physio soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.