Gallbladder removal.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I was diagnosed with gallstones in Aug 2014 after a couple of nasty attacks. Finally had it removed in Mar this year. I had terrible symptoms, pain, nausea, couldn't eat and lost a stone and a half in weight. When I was pushed through for surgery as an emergency, I felt like all my Christmases had come at once. I expected to be sore after wards and to continue with a low fat diet, but didn't expect to feel how I do. I have imense tiredness, very little or no energy and still experiencing pain and nausea, especially after eating. I am at my wits end and it has affected me mentally now as I already suffered with a sickness phobia so have been living my worst nightmare. It has become so extreme that I avoid leaving the house now. Please someone tell me these feelings will subside and I will start to feel normal again sad

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just like to add a thought to what everyone's saying.

Gallbladder removed September 2014. Basically ok, two weeks after op loads of bile, bowels all over the place and very baddieahorrea causing excruciating pain. Ambulance called but Managed not to get re admitted. Over time this has been

repeating its self and each time is worse. Ended up in a&e Monday night. To my shock found out that I was compounded, inother words full to brimming with faeces. I was on overflow as they put it. Was given meds and waiting for them to start working. Hoping this will be the answer to it. So may be worth asking one's doctor for x Ray to check out your bowels. The symptoms by so many are what have been through so maybe worth looking into.

• Posted

Hi janet74211,

Oh my goodness, how awful. I suppose anything is a possibility, so investigations post op should be mandatory to make sure things like what you are suffering with are caught sooner rather than later. Hope you're feeling better soon xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.