Gallbladder removal 5 weeks ago and have burning sensation in chest and where gallbladder was!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I am 5 weeks post op, and I am having slight burning/pain in my gallbladder area. I am also experiencing burning in my chest. What could this be? I should probably add that I tried to eat a small piece of baked chicken leg (skin off) and it burns my stomach a little. I get slight bloating when I eat as well. Can anyone give me answers?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

You may have a bit of gastritis, I did after my gb removal. Talk to your dr about possibly having omoperozol or another ppi as this will help heal the soreness. Try to eat very bland food, little and often.

good luck

• Posted

Thank you for your response, I'm fearing that that's what this is. I am eating as bland as possible, but I am losing so much weight right now. Any suggestions on what I can eat to allay that? Also, how long did you have it? I also have acid coming up as well.

• Posted

Yes, the burning pain is acid, like I said you need to get a good ppi to take whilst your digestive system learns to cope with the change now you have no gallbladder, this could take up to a year. Eat soups, plain low fat crackers yogurt, oatmeal with chopped banana, smoothies made with fruit, almond milk and a bit of honey, baked potatoes etc. It is boring but stick with it cos things do improve. If in doubt go and talk to your dr.

• Posted

Joanna, I take pepcid ac for it right now. I am eating bananas, oatmeal and all the things you have just stated, along with fish and chicken, rice and greens. I was not eating really anything at first. Do you still have issues eating certain things?

• Posted

Hey Sonya I got my gallbladder taken out almost 8 weeks ago Wednesday and I still ether wake up with pain in gallbladder area also, even sometimes I have pain in my chest when I antihistamines but I continually take antihistamines because I got more nauseous after I got gallbladder was removed. I was good for the first couple of (5?)days then tried some chicken with most of the breading off and gradually kept getting worse from there. Then tried normal food that wasn't heavily fried and kept getting worse ever since. So I think its normal to have some pain and discomfort for awhile after surgery. Most of the people ive talked to it about says that It can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months to have body get used to not having a gallbladder. So just hang in there but if it continually gets worse then you might need to have your bile ducts checked. Which is what I plan on doing cause im miserable with how little I can eat and now i got tons of diarrhea bad vomiting and people still dont know why. Even though my gallbladder was inflamed and had scarring im still not healed and its been 14 months of hell. I just really need healed before I get into an even worse mental state than I already am. Also im only 21 years old but seems like im having more problems than people who are twice my age.

• Posted

Omg! I am so sorry to hear that. I an not necessarily getting bad pain, but the burning is more the issue when I eat or when it digests. It started like a week ago and it feels like it might be bile, but I don't know. I have an appt for the 6th of January with a GI doc. How bad is your pain? One thing I am not doing is eating any fried foods, I am afraid of what it might do to me, especially with the symptoms I have now. You are very young to be dealing with this for sure.

• Posted

What kind of pain are you experiencing? Maybe anything fried might not agree with you right now.

• Posted

i tried some chicken tender with bread for a meal and then just started to get worse, i havent had any fried food in almost 8 weeks now and more pain, more nausea, even though all my test results are fine. literally just gonna make the surgeon to go through my bile ducts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.