Gallbladder removal

Posted , 4 users are following.

it’s been a little over a week since my gallbladder was removed it seems like nothingggggg settles well with my stomach, after eating something within an hour I have really bad stomach pain and sometimes diarrhea(which I know is kind of normal after removal) but does anyone know if there is a medication or natural supplement I can take to help with the stomach pain and discomfort after eating?? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Acetaminophen. No NSAIDS MIGHT BE IRRATABLE FOR YOU TUMMY. OR ask your doctor for Norco or Percocet. THATS WORKED FOR ME. GOOD LUCK.😎 ask your doctor for zofran for nausea If you need.

• Posted

Does anybody else have a bloated stomach which has changed how they breath
    • Posted

My stomach was huge to begin with so was taking shallower breaths than normal. And because it was so painful as well. This gradually got less and less as the days went on though xx
  • Posted

What have you been eating? For the first week I was still eating really bland foods like toast and soups. Then gradually began to eat things with a bit more fat in them. Are you currently taking any medicines? Could any of them be having a negative effect on your stomach? 

The pain may be related to wind as well. So short walks may move this about and help you get rid of it. Have been told peppermint tea can help with this too. Or maybe try some windeze type tablet?

I have found over the past few weeks I’ve had a bit of reflux type pain but think this has also been due to high strength antibiotics I’ve been on for a wound infection. I’ve been taking 30mg of lansoprazole daily which seems to have been helping. 

Hope your pain and upset stomach subsides quickly xx

• Posted

Also hard candies spearment. And black licorice organic of course. These may help discomfort and nausea. 😎 Lolipops get those flavor buds happy. Sherbert ice cream is ok too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.