Gallbladder removal

Posted , 5 users are following.

My husband had his gall bladder removal but six months later his been getting pains in the spot where they’ve removed it not all the time but during extreme excercise weather change when he hadn’t eaten his noticed it then why would he still get pain where the gall bladder was it’s not everyday but once in awhile 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

They are called phantom pain. Usually after gallbladder removal months later you can get these pains where it used to be. Don't sweat it you will always have pain where ever you had your surgery. Worry if pain is unbearable. Ok. Good Luck u should be fine.

• Posted

For a year you should be good. Your body will heal everyday with pain here and there. You had major surgery. Just Remember that. You will experience healing pain too. Ok so just take it easy. Don't worry. Stress ads to your pain too.😎

• Posted

Hi thank you how about can a person go back playing sports 
    • Posted

Yes. After a year. Yu need to heal completely. I wouldn't do any stretching or contact sports. So be patient you will be playing in no time. Again good luck to you.

• Posted

Has your husband rubbed the incisions where the gallbladder was removed to break up the scar tissue 
  • Posted

After 6 months this is not true about infections. I am in treatment now for the scar tissues adhering to my intestines because I did not massage the scar tissue around the incisions. I suggest you talk to a physical therapist and let them tell you about what scar tissue can do. 
  • Posted

you must take it easy,i was told not to do any lifting,nothing to physical, im 12 months now, still not right,feels like ive had a elephant standing on me, but hopefully getting back to normal, lot better than the pain before tho,;;

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.