Gallbladder removal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Reading through these post has anybody had a good outcome on having their gallbladder out !!!! My mum had hers removed many years ago with no problems im due to have mine removed and it all seems negative on here !!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Please don't be negative. I had mine out in 2016. I'm am fully recovered and in great spirits. I was so sick I am so glad no sickness anymore. Just be optimistic Ok. Everyone is different. I was so happy to finally get my surgery day. You will be fine. God Bless . And Good Luck.

• Posted

Yes!! I know tons of people who have had theirs successfully removed, the only people that come on here are the one's that experience problems, do not be put off by this site!!!!!! For a very small percentage of people their life changes after surgery, they can end up taking medication for the rest of their life etc but temper this against a stone blocking a duct which can be life threatening or cancer of your gallbladder it is a no brainer. ANY surgery carries a risk but then so does getting up in the morning and driving a car.

Do allow yourself to heal, it can take a long time to get back to normal, your digestive system has a whole lot of readjusting to do, keep on the bland diet, rest and be kind to yourself, don't expect to be eating burger and chips within a week!!

Very best of luck

• Posted

Hi Casey. I had mine out in Dec 2018. Im having no problems and can pretty much eat anything . The first couple weeks was alittle tough for me but I took my meds,rested and no heavy lifting.It has zapped my energy but that's coming back and I did lose weight(don't mind that) but overall I'm doing fine now.Just follow your Drs.orders and you should be fine.Good luck!👍

• Posted

Had mine out in September, no side effects feel absolutely fine.

• Posted

I think with sites like this, most people only come on here if they've had a problem.

I had mine out in December with no problems. Back to eating whatever I want.

• Posted

HI

Having mine removed saved my life!

After it was removed they found early stage gallbladder cancer and I had to have further surgery 4 weeks later. This is rare. I don't want to scare anyone. Two years down the line, I'm having 6 monthly CT scans and so far, so good.

Can I just say, I know lots of people who've had this surgery, some keyhole and others open surgery and all are doing well. Most of the people who post here, do it because they have an issue and are seeking advice. The ones who don't have an issue,

have no need to post.

Also what are the options? It's either have your gallbladder out or hang onto an organ that's causing pain and could be diseased. The problem won't go away and may get much worse. Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and deal with a problem.

Considering I had two open surgeries close together, I feel better now than I have in years. I lost a lot of weight through eating low fat leading up to surgery (7 months wait) and that has improved my health generally. I no longer need medication for high blood pressure and my asthma has improved.

Some people do have issues after surgery, but I feel these are minor weighed up against the alternatives and there are ways of dealing with most of these issues. My advice to anyone is have the surgery asap.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.