Gallbladder removal 9 months ago, still have diaraha, stomach aches along with stomach grumbling.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was wondering what kinds of fiber foods are recommended and the same with the kinds of diets .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I one year post removal. The best things to do are- keep your fat intake low(avocados olive oil ok in moderation), no full fat dairy- hard cheese are fine, decaf coffee only, and i usually have egg whites- the yellow of the egg sometimes is too much. i also try to not to have gluten. rice, oatmeal, potatoes all good, there are plenty of good gluten free breads on the market. i also drink Oat or Almond milk in my decaf. The most important thing is a bile binder- I drink one teaspoon of Acacia fiber (Amazon or Whole Foods) mixed with 6-8oz of water when I wake up and then wait 20-30 minutes then I eat. this binds the bile that my body produced in excess over night which will cause diarreah, you can also add another teaspoon of fiber before bed too.

good luck. I've been in your shoes, and i have also taken prescription bile binders like Welchol that didnt work for me as well as Acacia fiber.

Jen

• Posted

Thanks Jenn. I will try your suggestion.

• Posted

I have porridge for my breakfast along with blueberries. It fills you up and is calm on the stomach. I often get rumblings and wind but it's getting better. Plain yoghurt 0% fat is good too, also frozen yoghurt as a dessert.

• Posted

I eat that from time to time. ( Oatmeal and blueberries and sometimes bananas) I will add the yogurt in my diet. Since having my bladder out, I have lost weight. That part I like. Does good for my self esteem.

• Posted

I eat bananas regularly too. I had a veg meal with egg fried rice today at a Chinese. Very tasty and tummy is fine. No sauces. Hope you continue to improve.

• Posted

Sounds yummy. I have to also watch the portions I eat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.