Gallbladder removal Gallstones

Posted , 7 users are following.

A little over a week ago I had my gallbladder removed due to symptomatic gallstones. 

I eventually was waking up sick everyday nausea and vomiting ran my life, I stopped being able to eat just about everything as I would throw it up. There was a deep pressure between  my breastbone and above my belly button, my stomach felt full always even though I was not eating. I thought I had maybe a stomach ulcer and tried to treat it myself with probiotics and a natural stomach soother. 

I eventually gave in and could not fight the pain anymore so I went to the emergency room where they ran blood tests that would find there to be gallstones. Within a week I had my gallbladder removed, so far my stomach seems to feel a lot better(only a little over a week post-op) I am still adjusting and finding out by trial and error what I’m able to eat. 

I’m not sure how long ago the stones started forming but I think i was sick longer than I really knew, a while ago my hair started changing I had the most beautiful curly thick hair and now it’s dry and straw-like with no life and my skin and weight changed as well. 

I wonder if anyone else with gallstones experienced a change with their hair and everything else and if it ever came back normal once the sick gallbladder was removed?? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Possibly you weren’t able to absorb enough vitamins and minerals before the gallbladder came out. Tbh wasn’t something I found as a symptom but it may well be!

Hope you’re feeling a lot better now it’s out 😘 xx

• Posted

No. Never heard of that... Possibly vitamins you body needs while you were eating before your gallstones. It's the fatty meats and out-take foods that contribute to gallstones and everything in the book. I'm trying to adjust my diet. Eat more greens instead of the frenchfries.

• Posted

I haven't heard of that either,  sounds like  lack of vitamins and minerals. 

• Posted

Hi, its early days for you yet but yes everything should improve once you start to get back to normal. Don't forget that your hair doesn't grow that quickly so it'll take time to see the results. My nails were awful when I had before I had my gallbladder out and now they're alot better I'm still not right after the operation back in March as I have other issues but generally once your body starts to get back to normal everything else will improve too. Its a slow process so make sure that you follow a healthy diet.

It took over 6 months for my weight to improve after surgery and my gp said it'll take time which it has to get back some of what I lost. Its major surgery don't forget so take it easy and don't rush it.

Take care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.