Gallbladder removal op 2 weeks on Friday, what should I expect?

Posted , 6 users are following.

What is your experience following the surgery?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I’m 3wks op and I am actually feeling much better. Still feel very little of pains on side. But comes on slightly more when I over do things vacuum clean . Lost about 5 pounds stomach has gone down quite a bit and some muscle control hopefully getting back to gym this weekend. Overall no real issues 

• Posted

Three months post op and feel lots better. Eating sensibly and taking supplements. A bit of nausea in the morning but no more pain. No major issues so far. Good luck with your surgery.
  • Posted

I had surgery 12 days ago. Am still on low fat diet. Stopped taking pain killers after 1week. Ache a bit when I walk. Feel a lot better than I thought I would.
  • Posted

Hi Kitschqueen:. I am in Canada. My experience after gall bladder surgery was a bit painfull.. I went into hospital at 5:45 am. My surgery was scheduled at 7:45. I was only in surgery for an hour. I had the larascopic surgery done. I was upstairs in the day surgery ward for about 6 hours. I woke up at 2 pm. Had a drink and something to eat. They wanted me to walk around once I had woken right up. I was in and out that day. I had some discomfort. I feel better and it's a year later I still get gas and bloating. Just watch the stress and the greasey fatty foods and spicy and acidy foods for awhile. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.