Gallbladder removal 'phantom' pain?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I got my gallbladder removed in February. My family was helping me with my diet and we started off great. About three months into this new diet we got sidetracked and went onto eating not so good. My mom doesn't want to eat chicken everyday nor does the rest of my family, but I really like chicken so I can eat it everyday. 

My questions are:

Can you get phantom  pains?

If you're not eating like you're supposed to & you get pain could you eat better to stop the pain?(going through this right now, but the pain is a 1/10) 

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes. I had my gallbladder out a year ago and periodically I get pain but not bad more just an ache which is an annoyance.  I get phantom pain when I go off the bandwagon. I then go back to detox for a week with plain chicken soup with vegetables and then I'm fine again. I love to eat and can't live on bland foods all the time. The one thing I do try not to eat is meat and fried foods. It's a new lifestyle but feel so much better that my gallbladder is gone. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi

well that’s what the so called professionals say is a diagnosis for some people !!

but I personally do not believe in such rubbish and believe that is a fob off diagnosis 

‘when they either cannot ,will not ,or do not know or test further.

its come to my attention of late that our so called professionals in the medical world are really quite limited when it comes down to it !!

i had mine out in sept and still have pain much ever day and it’s real pain as I can feel it !!

so you gave to decide for your self what you believe!!!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have read that people do get phantom pains and I have had some myself - I believe it is scar tissue  (I had open gall bladder surgery).  I do know people who had laparoscopy and have phantom pains.  Heating pads seem to help.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Eat the chicken..healthy veggies you can tolerate.  You might also to tolerate butter snd beef from gras fed cows. You can also look into the fodmap diet which is available on lie. Phantom pain happens but you will find you get less of it if you can walk more.  When you sit down to you" boring" dinner, gently remind your family that you're available call the ambulance for anyone needing one...xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up