Gallbladder Removal ....still having Issues!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I'm new to posting to a public forum, but here it goes: I had my gallbladder removed 2 months ago. My surgeon & his team were great. My surgery was a success, without complications. Now here is the problem; Since the surgery, I've experienced chest pains, nausea, jitters, exhaustion, and pains. I started taking a digestive enzyme before I eat to help with digestion, and it works pretty good. But, the nausea, chest pains, and jitters are worrisome. At one point, I read that some people become dehydrated and lose nutrients from their body after this type of surgery; so I drink Gatorade as well as take a multivitamin (I was taking vitamin b4 surgery). The Gatorade really helped me as well. These symptoms scare me at times, because I feel like I'm having a heart attack, and I start hyper-ventilating, but I calm myself down because I realize these issues started happening after the surgery, and plus my heart was check 1 week before surgery, and the results came back good. I wasn't told this would happen after the removal, and I realize an organ has been removed, but wow this is something. I've gone 2 weeks without any issues, and bam! out of no where; the issues start back, and I began to get depressed & worry. I read some where it could take up to 6 months to a year for your body to feel "normal". I truly hope so, because these issues are actually a little worse than my gallbladder issues. I didn't have gall stones, but my gallbladder was no longer working. Well, thank you to anyone who may read my post; I just needed to vent, and hope someone out there understands and/or has experienced this.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did you rule out with endoscopy/colonoscopy, other tests before removing GB?

Seems you are having heartburn/Gerd symptoms.. did you had these before surgery?

Better to meet the surgeon again .

• Posted

Yes, I had an endoscopy, colonoscopy, HIDA scan, and blood work done. I also had heartburn symptoms before surgery. I had been suffering with these symptoms for years, and had 2 gallbladder attacks. Base on reading other people posts; it seems alot of people (not all), are having post gallbladder removal issues.
    • Posted

i was diagnosed with gastritis first and then 2 years later with Non working gallbladder. My symptoms was horrible bloating, fullness and tighntness in my stomach. After few years i got gallstones and now started getting slight pain with increased bloating/fullness and tightness. Surgeon says even removing my gb wont solve the stomach issues as i also have gastritis.So still in sidelines to remove my gb or not.

The thing i hate is the horrible bloating,fullness and tightness feeling in the stomach and its difficult to breath and makes me dizzy as my stomach is so much distended.it is really like a pot.

• Posted

Hi, Lynette.  If I may ask, why are you taking a digestive enzyme? I'm assuming that someone other than your doctor advised you to do this.  After surgery, it's important to give your body a chance to normalize on its own, rather than begin supplementing.  

Also, I suggest that you check back with your doctor, as you could have developed a hiatal hernia, which can cause significant chest pain and mimic a heart attack.  I know because I have one, and that's what happens to me.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.