Gallbladder removal stomach bloat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had surgery just about 2 months ago. All is good except for my stomach. Im not sure if it’s bloating or something else . It’s like I have a round ball belly in front .. that I just can’t seem to lose . When I eat just seems to get harder. Now I’m use to a flat stomach so yes this is bothersome especially still not fitting in clothes . Is this normal having this protruding round belly. I look a few months pregnant . I eat very well have had no issues with food . 

Thanks 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi as you will read through the site, many people say give it time to settle down.  I have not had mine out so I cant say but you only have to understand what your body is going through to grasp a waiting time is necessary.

No one has ever said exactly what they do when they take the GB out and why they consider it to something we can live without!  Its part of our digestive system so taking it out is obviously going to have effects and I can only speak as I have found on this site and through people I know most praise being free of GB pain and tummy issues?

• Posted

Hi dilari62, I had my GB out about the same time and have been having the same symptoms. I've not found anything that's works yet. I'm hoping things settle down as time goes on.

Hope your recovery continues and things settle down for you.

• Posted

Thanks for responding .  I actually went and purchased a different protein shake and right away felt a difference.  

I also take diff supplements daily but just purchased digestive enzymes and resveratrol. Will try the enzymes for a few months only.

Also I do eat smaller portions after the surgery and noticed when I tried to indulge a bit more belly was worse.. so obviously no indulging big meals lol 

• Posted

I have always used the shakes. Then when I started getting sick they were making me sick lol. Right now I am doing garden of life organic. Purchased at cvs a bit pricey for A container that’s filled half way . It’s a bit chalky taste 

Try any kind to you find the taste you like either way they are good for you . 

Make sure low sugar 5grm or less , low carb I0 or less high protein at less 20 higher the better 

• Posted

Thank you I will have a look and give it a go.

Hope your recovery continues and things settle down for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.