Gallbladder Removal Supplements

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’m a bit overwhelmed with the info out there on supplements so much different info.

Digestive Enzymes 

Vitamin A,E,K  

I think these above are major ?

The following is what I seen so far and do I really need all of these??

OX Bile Salts

Herbal Bitters 

HCI Betaine 

Omega Fatty Acid (no fish oil) 3,6,7,9

Any help I certainly appreciate 

Thank you 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi dilari

My opinion for what it's worth is no.

I eat a normal diet.

I take multi vitamins which I did even before I had any gallbladder issues.

The only other thing I take is time release peppermint oil capsules.

As far as I understand gallbladder removal doesn't take anything away that the body needs to digest food. Fat is just dealt with in the small intestine rather than the stomach.

Best Wishes.

• Posted

Thank you!

The peppermint oil what is that for?

I believe peppermint soothes the stomach ?

• Posted

Hi ! I think we are all,different in our body's you obviously have coped with it much better than other people I for instance did not and was ill for 2 months with to much bile dripping. To quickly I was put on quastran for bile malabsorption! and it did the trick straight away after 3 days now I feel better and it's calmed down ,so I just take the vitamins and digestive enzymes ! so yes all,our body's are different glad your able to eat ! 💐

• Posted

You will need digestive enzymes and essential fatty acids. Herbal bitters will help as well. HCI Betaine will already be in your digestive enzymes. You can sometimes get Ox bile combined with digestive enzymes. Sea Buckthorn oil capsules instead of fish oil, so you dont get mercury from the fish. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.