gallbladder removed 5 months ago. still nauseous off and on?

Posted , 5 users are following.

i ended up having my gallbladder removed around the end of september. i had no gallstones, my gallbaldder just wasnt working. i think he said it was 10% or under. anyways, it was about a month of constant nausea every day before i could have my gallbladder removed. i was told i would feel brand new afterwards. that was a lie. a few weeks after my surgery i was still nauseous. they took my off omeprazole and that did help. i was put on otc meds for my heartburn.

now ever since then i am still nauseous off and on. i can go weeks of being ok, then for a few days to a week i get nauseous again. not as bad as before surgery, but still nauseous. i dont have the pain as before i had it removed though, just feel sick to my stomach. i have never thrown up because of it, and when i feel this way i dont really have much of an apatite. also i get sort of lightheaded when i feel this way but my dr said it could be because of the nausea i feel this way.

my doctor have told me that i shouldnt feel this way. he says i should be better and if i continue to feel nauseous off and on i will have to go to a gi dr and have an endoscopy. i really hate to do that but if i have to i will.

im just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so, how long does it last? im tired of feeling this way and im just wondering cause i thought i read before some people take 6 months to a whole year to go back to normal. if someone has went through this can you please tell me your story and how long it lasted. i get nervous about thinking something else might be wrong with me.

off topic a little, i had it laprescopic, spelling might be off on that, but the incision they made in the middle of my stomach that is a bit bigger than the rest kinda went into overdrive on the healing and it is a thick pink scar. the other 3 have faded a bit but that one is slightly raised, feels kinda bubbly, like a welp, welt, whatever u call it. anyone else have this? how long will it take to fade? my dr tells me it should start fading after 6-8 months, but so far nothing.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

forgot to mention, this nausea is mostly of a morning when i have it. it usually goes away around 3-4pm and im fine the rest of the day/night. when i have it, it will last anywhere from a few days to a week at a time, then im ok for a few weeks.
  • Posted

Hey Christy, got my surgery in Jan but I am still experiencing nausea and vomiting. Hope yours goes away soon though I have heard that others have taken up to a year for nausea to subside. Yet my scar on top of stomach is already vanishing, that may be something to get checked. Hope and pray that all gets better for you quickly.
  • Posted

did you do endoscopy /colonscopy to rule out gastritis ,etc ? 
    • Posted

no, but my doctor said if it continues i will have to go see a gi dr who will want an endoscopy done. i have to go back friday because i recently had another nausea episode that lasted 3 days this time.
    • Posted

wait, i was looking up gastritis cause i dont know what it is but i saw something about h plori, or whatever it is, i had to send in a stool sample 2 times, once before surgery and once this month, both came back negative
  • Posted

Christy,

I am 6 weeks post o.p, still have intermittent nausea and no appetite. Had no gallstones. G.i sent me for blood work and ultrasound because I was complaining but tests were negative. Still take my zofran as needed. I'm hoping things will continue to improve for both of us!

• Posted

Oh crumbs let's hope you feel better soon sounds awful I feel nauseas a lot due to the gall stones , but didn't know you could the  same after removel so not looking forward to any of it now just want to feel better losing weight is not good for me I am to skinny beings I haven't been able to eat properly for ages 😢 Are you in England ? 💐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.