Gallbladder Removed

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just looking for abit it advise and support. On the 16th January I had my gall bladder removed,  I had over 50 gallstones within my body. An I’v also been diagnosed with pancreatic as the gallstone had moved prior to surgery blocking my bile duct to my pancreas.

Since surgery I’v had the pain and discomfort which I was expecting. What I wasn’t expecting was the horrendous sickness I have been experiencing, it’s the worst ever. Is this because the body now doesn’t know what to do with food you eat ?? Can any body please help me and maybe let me know what’s best to eat, I’v suffered with this illness since October and been in and out of hospital 5 times and I thought once the gall bladder was removed things would start to look better but does recovery take a lot longer then you would think. I feel like I’m starting to go insane . Any help advice is greatly appreciated Clare x 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Clare

no your not going insane .

but you are going through hell !!

i think your sickness is going to be dur=e to you now having pancreatitis Clare ?

and I do be leave your gp should be monitoring yr pancreatitis Clare ?

so don’t go mad Clare go to yr gp and send them mad , ie make them do their bloody job !!

and take care of you and you will then get better , but yes you need help and treatment for that terrible unimaginable painful condition!!

so go put it on them ,after all that’s what their supposed to bloody be their for ?

thats what we’ve all paid our national insurance for ?

THIS MURDEROUS NON CARING HEALTH SERVICE WE HAVE HERE ARE LITERALLY GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER !!

WHEN ARE GOING TO START STANDING UP AND STOP THIS CITIZENS OF THE UK ?

NEXT YOU MIGHT BE CLAIR ????

IT REALLY IS GETTING THAT BAD FOLKS AND NEXT IT MIGHT BE YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE HERE GOING INSANE GETTING NO HELP FROM THE SERVIVE WE BUILT WE PAID FOR AND THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR BLOODY SERVERT ???????

• Posted

My pancreas has apparently calmed down the reason I got to was the stones had moved. I’v had them removed from bile duct and also gall bladder removed. Its not the pancreas. It’s defin something to do with having gall bladder removed and I’m just wondering if anyone else experienced same problems x
    • Posted

Clare

ok i understand.

i had mine out 4.5 months ago now Clare and I’m still getting daily intermittent sharp pulling pain on the rright under ribs !!!

• Posted

Did you have keyhole surgery, in which case it would probably have been day surgery or were you in hospital for a couple of days having had the bigger operation?

Recovery from keyhole is 3 weeks bigger operation is 6 weeks but we are all different and this is only a rough guide.

You are only a week after operation so I think you need to give this a bit more time to settle down.

Have you got a follow up appointment with the consultant?

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Was key hole surgery but was down in theatre a while, well longer then normal they said. No follow up appointment. An yeah I know your right about only been in week one, just the nausea’s and my sickness is really bad at times. Can you give any advice diet wise on what’s best to eat in the few week after surgery. I’v not been given much advice and looked and got the majority of my info online and I don’t know what to believe. Just feel a bit left alone. I’v been of work since mid October, I’v tried to go go and went back for two separate weeks but then I was told some had moved and got pancreatic was adviced by consultant to be off. I’m just going a little mad to be honest. I’m so thank ful for your reply. 

Clare x

• Posted

Hi Clare

I am 2 weeks post o.p tonight and my appetite is still lousy. No one told me what to expect either. I eat small amounts , bland diet and will continue to do so. My gastro M.D. isn't too concerned about that as long as I am drinking and eating small amounts during the day. Good luck with your recovery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.