Gallbladder removed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

My wife managed to have expedited surgery to remove her gallbladder on Monday. The surgery was a success using keyholes.

She has no pain anymore after surgery but has really bad lack of energy, can only do things for a few minutes before she needs to go bHello,

My wife managed to have expedited surgery to remove her gallbladder on Monday. The surgery was a success using keyholes.

She has no pain anymore after surgery but has really bad lack of energy, can only do things for a few minutes before she needs to go back to bed and rest for a while. She is eating and drinking fine too.

To me she is trying to rush a bit and not let her body heal, how long did you lot find till you had normal energy and such?

thanks

ack to bed and rest for a while. She is eating and drinking fine too.

To me she is trying to rush a bit and not let her body heal, how long did you lot find till you had normal energy and such?

thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

sorry, ignore the first post, no idea what happened.

bHello,

She has no pain anymore after surgery but has really bad lack of energy, can only do things for a few minutes before she needs to go back to bed and rest for a while. She is eating and drinking fine too.

thanks

• Posted

Considering what your wife's body will be going through and remembering healing on the inside takes longer than the outside, even though they should have sorted the ducts out and again depending on age and fitness, I would say at least 3 weeks and no heavy lifting for more time. Whilst key hole surgery may sound like its a breeze and no deal to contend with, I can assure her that the Liver will soon tell her of success or nightmare, each of us is different I am afraid. Regarding eating as well, she should be avoiding big meals and anything which will put pressure on the Liver to deal with, I believe this also determined by how the patient feels, the Liver however is our best friend, so small meals and light for a week at least, should also be observed. So giving advice will depend on how she suffered before extraction and what she was eating to please the Gall Bladder? Most people suffer for a long time before extraction, so if this was so, maybe soups, mash potato and veggies and try still to avoid fatty foods or dairy.

I wish you and Wife a happy Christmas at least

• Posted

I took 3 weeks off work took me that long to feel normal again. She shouldn't push herself to much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.