Gallbladder Removed - 7 Weeks post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello All,

I am currently 7 weeks post op from getting my Gallbladder removed.

I still get pains from the area where my Gallbladder use to be. Sometimes the pain will radiate to the back. Also I sometimes get chest pains, but when i get them its only for a few minutes. As of late I have been getting abdominal pains and they also go to the left side as well. Which is a little strange since my Gallbladder is on the right side. They sometimes can feel a little sharp, kind of like Ulcer type pain.

I will start off my saying that i recently have not been sticking to my diet. I have NOT ate anything crazy like fried food or super greasy.

Has anyone had the same symptoms post op?

Any suggestions or concerns?

I have a follow up with my surgeon tomorrow.

Thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

jha0024, your healing is right on track. I had mine out June 30, 2015 and seriously this weekend was the first since Spring that I'm feeling human again. My energy is slowly coming back and pain is subsiding. I had very intense pain after the surgery to the point I had to go to the emergency room because I thought I was having a heart attack. After reading the other posts it seems this is normal. I spent so much unnecessary money on tests because of the pain. My suggestion to you is try to weather the bad storm for a while and take it easy. It will get better.
    • Posted

really??i've taken mine also last June 30,2015. and like you recently i'm starting to feel much better than after surgery. But, pain killer helps me when i've had abdominal attacks but not always.
    • Posted

I was down to 1/4 pain pill at night for probably a month and now just once in a while. Ompeprazole has helped with heart burn. I do not wish to go through that again. Almost not sure if it was worth it. 
    • Posted

that's good! it'll be worth it don't worry. smile i took tramadol as a pain killer. i got my 4th abdominal attack yesterday that makes me cry so much because you know, it's really painful. but now it's normal again. i can't wait to get better soon! and i hope you'll be healthy and much stronger like before. smile

• Posted

Bird Lover,

Thanks.

I just recently met witgh my surgeon last week. We both agree that i am improving an it will take time to feel good again.

I did tell him that i am getting stomach pains and they move to my left of my stomach. Also i explained to him the chest pains i use to get in the morning. They only would last about 3-5 mins. He thinks its a GI problem. But I also told him i have been on anti-biotics for some time as well. He suggested more pro-biotics and lots of Yogurt.

Also that same day i had an appointment with my GI doctor. He thinks it could be stress or maybe anxiety.

Thanks

• Posted

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery, I was tested for pylori and ulcers both came back normal. I started taking omperzol and that totally takes care of heartburn. I just found out I do not do well eating steak. Slowly able to eat everything else I want, but my diet is low fat. I hope with time we all feel better. 
    • Posted

Bird Lover,

I did mention if we could do a test for H Pylori but he thinks i need to take some pills for Anxiety to help calm the nerves.

We shall see what happens.

Thanks

• Posted

I Hope all goes well for you and it seems luck of the draw with what treatment and how relevant the advice is. Am glad you are able to have post Op check cause where l live no such luck have to deal with GP who has got things wrong a few times over how best for me to go forward with constant sickness and pain since Op in Feb this year.

Try to find the if any food triggers your symptoms, Diary/fried/fatty/spiced food as it can cause havoc with some people. We are all different and what works for one may not for others

Good luck and hope all goes well

• Posted

Marion,

I think some of the pains contributed with me venturing off and trying some of the old foods i use to eat. Its either that or my GI is out of wack and i need to eat more yogurt to restore my gut. Also i still could be recovering from surgery. 

Thanks  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.