Gallbladder removed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed March 2019 they have told me it was black and dead. since I had it removed i am still having problem with pain there are days I get constipated then it goes watery it's a yellowish colour I get bloated and I really feel pain it gives me chills makes vomit as well should I be concern thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

maybe its not the gallbladder. it sounds like IBS. is the pain located in the right upper quadrant?

• Posted

IBS can be a complication of gallbladder removal.

• Posted

I would go back to your doctor. Sometimes you can get IBS or Bile acid malabsorption after gallbladder removal. BAM causes diarrhoea and can be diagnosed by a SECHAT scan and there is treatment.You have had complications for quite some time since surgery. However, do not worry. Simply see your doctor who will know what to do.. Avoid fatty foods in the meantime.

• Posted

Rose 93321

I had my gallbladder removed February 2019. I was told it was inflamed and infected but with keyhole surgery my consultant could not get it completely out because he could have damaged my liver if he did. He did not think it would cause me a problem.

I have to say, yes I do get bloated some days, I have tried to exercise better. I am 66 and overweight. I am watching diet so occasionally I eat too much sugar which does cause indegestion rantadine has helped there. I don't drink very much but I do drink if I go out and have to watch how much I drink up to 3 glasses of prosecco is about my limit before I have repercussions.

I do have piles and I believe that is my biggest problem with any pains in my stomach. I certainly do not get anything like the pain from the gallbladder before removal. However I do think I have to take it easy with food and drink for a while. Plus losing weight around my stomach, where it appears to have accumulated is my biggest need at the moment.

I do not have the watery problem but do get constipated a little now and again. Mostly ok. I think time may be the greatest healer. In the meantime I will see a Dr regarding the piles. Maybe you would be happier if you asked a Dr about it bearing in mind the vomiting doesn't sound like you should put up with it.

Best of luck. J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.