gallbladder removed, found dilates bile duct tube? does any1 know about this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had gallbladder removed yesterday stil in pain, when fully recovered have to go to doctors/hospital to look into the dilated/enlarged bile duct tube they found. Done an ultra sound & found no gallstone was lodged in bile duct, also some of my gallstones had disintergrated in my gallbladder many thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had mine out 10 weeks ago and I also had a dilated bile duct which turned out to be nothing, probably a large stone passing through just before surgery. I didn't have any pain from the second day and recovered very quickly. Hope your's is nothing as well.
    • Posted

Ok fanx 4 ur comment, jus needed peace of mind. Cant w8 2 get better. How do u feel 10 weeks on? Wanted 2 try some exercise 6 weeks after.
    • Posted

I feel great. I felt well the day after surgery but followed surgeon's advice not to eat fatty foods and no lifting or doing anything to put strain on internal stitches for one month. I'd say starting to exercise at 6 weeks sounds a good idea but go slow as your insides will take months to heal properly. I started brisk walking for about 5 km at about 3 weeks without putting stress on my upper body.
  • Posted

I had my gallbladder out June 8th, and was finally able to play ice hockey (non contact) tonight. It was really the first vigorous exercise I've done in 6 weeks. I felt decent, albeit for some spasms under my ribcage.

Hope everything is ok with the bile duct.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.