Gallbladder removed! Pain still in the epigastic area!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I had my gallbladder removed about 3 1/2 wks ago. I still have horrible pain in the incision in the epigastic area. My surgeon told me that's the one where they pull your gallbladder out. Does anyone still have this problem and if so how long did it affect you. Also it seems when I eat it hurts even more. I don't know if it's pushing on the incision or scarring that is occuring. Guess i'm just not patient. Thanks to all responses.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You should have it don't sweat it do you want to live with our pain . a lot of people would say do it surgery i grease. Take this fro one who had it done. The only way to get well is having it out. Please stir you self that way ok. Get youth l I.livelihood back. No need to suffer anymoe.

• Posted

Hi there Carla

I had my out 30th June. This is very very early days for you, it will hurt for a while, alot of healing needs to go on. If you feel sicky or have oozing from the site or feel unwell do go to your dr.

Be kind to yourself and rest up as much as oossible.

Regards

• Posted

Thanks joanna. I saw my dr. and my incision looks fine. It's just the pain i'm experiencing. I know it takes time. But I was told by so many people that it was "a cake walk" having this surgery. Not so much for me though!!! I even question myself about even having it out now! I just hate the FULL feeling I get whenever I eat. I'm a small person and i've already lost 5lbs since the surgery. I for sure don't need to lose anymore. I never was a bad eater. Never fried food. So!! since your surgery. How are you feeling. Can you give me some info on how it has gone for you. Once again thanks so much!

• Posted

Hi Carla

I found eating very difficult for at least thr first few weeks, very bloated and sicky, so I just stuck to the original gallbladder diet, soups, porridge with almond milk, bananas, yogurts, weak tea. I only now have no pain but eat more frequent small meals as I gather the bile is dripping all the time into the stomach not bei ng squirted in as necessary like before (or in my case not!!). Stick with it and be positive for the future😊x

• Posted

Hi Carla, everyone is always thinks that you'll be better really quickly but the reality is that it takes alot longer. I had mine out in March 2017 and it took me several months to eat properly again and to put on the weight that I lost. As you are I'm a slim person and I lost over a stone in weight and it didn't start to go on again for months. Because I was really worried as I wasn't putting weight on I saw my gp and she said its early days and that was in July.

Don't forget this is major surgery even when it was keyhole, as your body has to get use to working without a gallbladder and your insides take along time to heal compared to your incisions on the outside. I still have to be careful with eating high fat foods and large amounts but then thats not a bad thing.

3 1/2 weeks isn't a long time so please take it easy and relax it will get better but I found that it was gradual.

Take care of yourself

• Posted

Did you have that full feeling after a few bites every time you eat and a lot of trapped gas? I am 7 to 8 weeks post op and I have those plus I am lightheaded and weak.
    • Posted

I am only eating porridge most of the time, I drink a lot of water, bananas, papaya, grilled chicken, soups, plain rice, toasts sometimes, tea. I also take probiotic, Bcomplex, vitamin c and iron daily.
  • Posted

Hi Carla, the advice other guys is really good. Im two months post op and still have to look after myself. It’s early days for you, it’s can be very worrying I know when your experiencing different aches and pains and I agree the operation is described as a walk in the path! 😅 the sickness does ware off. 

Introduce different foods to your diet slowly, jacket potatoes were. Good with soft foods low fat, porridge weetabix etc. Good luck 😉 be kind to yourself and rest.  Remember your not alone ??

• Posted

Thanks!! It seems like I could come on here everyday and put something new that i'm feeling. I'm slowly working different foods into my diet. But now I'm starting to get bad chest pains. Not like heart attack pains (at least I hope not) I had a stress echo run just a couple months ago. Heart was great. I don't even know if I should call it heartburn pain. I've never really had heartburn. I'm eating rolaids cause it seems like i need to burp all the time. But I don't like the chest pains. It is very depressing. 1 day good, next day something else. This coming tuesday I have to have an endoscopy. I have had them before and there really isn't much to them. I just hate being put to sleep again and more gas put into my stomach. I think he is looking to see if I have gastritis. With drs. you just never know. Once again thank you everyone for your responses.

• Posted

Hi Carla, I agree with you it’s sometimes difficult to know how you will feel from day to day. I find I occasionally get heartburn, not as often as when I had the Gaul stones. I get mild pain in my shoulder, but realise I’m still adjusting to new way of living. I’ve eaten bit more than I normally would and feel fatigued. I had an Endoscopy done earlier this year I had all the sedation I could lol! I hope they discover what is causing you the chest pains and wish you all the luck keep me posted how you are. 🙏Joanne 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.